Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds, Possible fault.

2 REPLIES 2
Pocketnay
Participant

I have one PC connected via Ethernet. And one Smartphone connected via wifi. I noticed that the internet would cut out every 3mins for a few hours. And then work fine, So I contacted support via phone and they said it is a fault with the router, So they sent a new router and it worked fine for two days. Now my speed is 3mbps, Even though I am estimated 50-66mbps. There are only two devices connected and I often end up using 4G to do anything online. I have ran tests and rang support but nothing came out of that, Sometimes the speed is 20mbps, And doesn't cut out for a day or two but then it is back to normal with 3mbps and cutting out every so often. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

When it cuts out, what is the status of the lights on the front of the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Pocketnay,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. What speeds are you receiving at the moment? Are you running the speed test wired or wireless?

Have you also tried switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed again?

Thanks