would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds with faster fibre speed boost

4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Hughes
Chatterbox

Hi.

First up... how long does it take for posts to appear on here? I've posted twice already (about 12 hours ago) but neither post has shown up.

The reason for my posting is basically slower than expected speeds. There's more to it than that but I'll post more details if this post shows up and I get any response.

Thanks.

Ivan Hughes
Chatterbox

The reason my posts weren't showing was because I hadn't verified my email address. My fault, sorry.

I'm only getting around 35Mbps download speeds, which is the same, if not slightly worse than I was getting before I upgraded to the speed boost. The status checker on the TalkTalk site says the speed to the router is measured at 80Mpbs. Does this mean that the router is at fault?

I get similar speeds on my phone (wireless) and my computer (wired).

Thanks.

Ivan Hughes
Chatterbox

I've just been looking around the TalkTalk site,

It looks like if I was a new customer I would have got the "wifi-hub" for free with the package I have, but since I'm an existing customer I would have to pay £30 to get one. Is this correct? It doesn't really seem like a fair or reasonable way to treat loyal customers.

Community Team

Hi Ivan,

I've just posted on your other thread so I'll close this thread to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Ivan Hughes
Chatterbox

Yes, thanks Michelle. Understood.