cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds

15 REPLIES 15
Popular Poster

Can anybody reassure me that the eventual arrival of the new hub will help with my appalling speeds !!?? ( have wrongly received a WiFi extender kit today ) my average download speed is 5.5 Mbps and download 2.5 Mbps. It’s so frustrating as I am on faster fibre ! Is there a minimum I should be getting !!???

Donna
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster
Updated !!
Donna

Hi Dsparks,

Thanks. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Popular Poster

Good morning Michelle !

There have been no noise issues. Yes, there is a test socket, I have just plugged into it. Sadly no change in speeds =[

Donna

Hi Dsparks,

Thanks for the update. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Was the connection also unstable when the router was connected to the test socket? It can take DLM between 24-48hrs to make changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable.

Thanks

Popular Poster

Hello !

I have received my new WiFi hub and it is connected to the master socket, not test. Speeds are still the same :/. 

When my previous router was connected to the test socket there was no change in speeds =[ 

where do I possibly go from here ????

Donna

Hi Dsparks

Would it be possible to connect the new router at the test socket just to see if DLM starts to increase the speed with the new router?

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

I am connected through the test socket now =]

Donna

Hi Dsparks

Thank you, we advise to allow DLM up to 48hrs to monitor the connection and start making changes to the line profile.

We can check the connection stats again in 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster
I'm unable to leave it connected to the test socket, the master socket is beside my front door handle and power socket the opposite side ! this leaves my front door unaccesable ;/
Donna

Hi Dsparks

Ok, I've asked our Network Team to take a look at this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster
I have spoken through the live chat with someone and I have an engineer visit booked for the 19th. Thank you though !
Donna

Hi Dsparks

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Popular Poster

Some good news !!! Engineer has been and replaced the master socket, although things will fluctuate initially due to line reset. Am now showing speeds of 24&8. Now to keep my fingers crossed =]

Donna

Hi Dsparks

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please can you continue to monitor the connection and let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂