Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi Chris

I knew that would happen, every time an engineer is book someone cancels it. As I told Karl I received an email from TalkTalk Support team 5 mins after he confirmed and engineer was booked saying that my problem has been fix and al should be ok now. Which was not the case, this is now five times an engineer has been booked and cancelled.

I am not happy 

Jack

J
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Plantfoot1,

I'm really sorry about this. Would you like us to try and book the engineer visit again? We can monitor this with our Network Team to try and ensure that this does go through?

Thanks

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Yes . give me some dates . One more try

Why is this happening?????????

I knew that would happen, every time an engineer is book someone cancels it. As I told Karl I received an email from TalkTalk Support team 5 mins after he confirmed and engineer was booked saying that my problem has been fix and all should be ok now. Which was not the case, this is now five times an engineer has been booked and cancelled.

what is going on??????

I am not happy 

Jack

J
OCE_Chris

Hi jack,

I'm sorry about this, I know it's doesn't help but it's not actually someone physically cancelling the appointment, it's more of a system issue. Are you available anytime on Friday or Monday for the engineer visit?

Chris

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Chris
Monday 9th 1to6 would be good
Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

I have arranged the engineer visit for 09/12/2019 PM (1pm - 6pm)

I will check this again tomorrow to make sure it's still showing as arranged and I will post back on this thread to confirm.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

I've checked on this fault again today and the engineer visit is still showing as arranged for 09/12/2019 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player

Hi Debbie 

I will be there . Hope he is 

Jack 

J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

I've just checked the appointment again this morning and it is still showing as arranged for today PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
Thanks for the info. Will give you an update after vist
Jack
J
OCE_Debbie
Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
The engineer came at 16:00 and left at 18:00. He found a fault and went outside to a Junction box about 200 meters from my house he split the cable ran a test from the junction box to my house and tested from junction box to exchange no fault found re connected the cables . He thinks it could have been the crimping at the join. Came back to my house ran the test again no fault found he said it was either a poor joint or a intermittent fault. He connected his meter and using my cables the speed was 56mps then he put my router back in line speed was 41mps this router was the new one you sent me on the 22 November he could not understand why this should happen , this new router must have a fault on it so we decided to try the old router again we got a speed of 46mps still not the speed his meter was showing . His conclusion was both routers have faults this could explain why my speeds vary so much . This type of problem will reduce my speeds lower and lower as the system tries to maintain a stable speed. He suggests that another router should be tried.
What do we need to do if it is hardware that is the problem?
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Would it be possible to power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test using the TalkTalk speed tester so we can see the results?

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
Router powered down for 40 mins, ran speed test using TalkTalk download = 39.6 upload = 11.9
No improvement sightly slower
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

I've checked and the line is in sync at 42.4mb and this is showing within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
Still slower than the engineer was shown on his meter . Is this the end of the support now as I am within the predicted range ?
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Michelle

Hi Plantfoot1,

I'm currently looking into this and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

OCE_Michelle

Hi Plantfoot1,

One of the line tests has detected a potential issue so I've re-raised this over to Openreach for further investigation. We should receive an update back within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Michelle
Thanks for your message. One minute after your message I received a message from TalkTalk telling me all is ok is this correct . You should check to see if engineer has been cancelled!
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Michelle

Hi Jack,

Apologies, leave this with me and I'll speak to our Network Team about this. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks