Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow speeds

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jack,

Sorry for the delay. The line test is now clear, however the sync speed has dropped slightly and I can see re-connections on the line. Is your connection unstable or have you rebooted the router? Would you like us to arrange another engineer visit to the property for you?

Thanks

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
If you remember you ask me to turn off the router for at lest 30mins do a speed test and report back which I did . I only did this once . Yes please arranged an other engineer.
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

Please can you provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
18th 19th am would be good
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

The engineer visit has been arranged for 18/12/2019 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
Thanks for that
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Debbie
The engineer came to my house to check out the line. He did not find anything wrong , what he did say was very interesting he said that my line cannot give me your guaranteed speed of 45mbps to 65 mbps. the best speed the line can give is 31mbps any more than that is a plus . This is why my speeds are reducing as the system is trying to stop the broadband from dropping off. My next question is why am I paying for fast fibre when you can not deliver it? This is so wrong on many levels I wait for your reply.
Cheers Jack
J
OCE_Karl

Hi

The estimated speed range for your line is supplied to us from BT Openreach.  If they have revised the estimate or declare that the line cannot reach the speeds they have declared previously then there is little more we can do to affect or improve the speeds.

I would therefore suggest you contact our customer loyalty teams to discuss, request removal of the speed boost and then they can discuss your billing for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Plantfoot1
Team Player
Hi Karl
Thanks you and your team for all help they have given me with the slow speed problem. Although the outcome was disappointing because the problem was unsolvable.
Thanks again
Jack
J
OCE_Debbie

Hi Jack.

No problem and apologies that the speed could not be increased any further.

Thanks

Debbie