Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow superfast broadband

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Geordie34 

Please can you post on your own thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie it was me, it defaulted to my fathers account by mistake. Anyway my fibre super boost is way

way slower now it is in the low 30’s now, so leaving it on test socket made no difference.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

Thanks for trying that, do you have another router you can test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

No, only d link dsl 3782.

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

It’s still really slow and I’m patiently waiting for some help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

Sorry for the delay, I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris, yes, as long as it doesn’t cost me anything that would be great.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Thanks Chris.

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter
Hi, router arrived and connected, I take it you want me to leave it connected to test socket for 48hrs?? Speed is down to 6mbs now#@£& . So much for my guaranteed speed of 63mbs.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you leave the replacement router connected to the test socket for at least 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter
Will do.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Thank you, we can then check the connection stats again after the 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes.

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi, just out of interest i carried out the line status check from my account and it is advising that i get fibre which is what im paying for, it is also telling me that the new modem you sent me is no good, is it the case that this modem can't handle the speeds i am paying for. It is all very strange at least with my old modem attached it was telling me that the speeds were slow but said the modem was fine.

I await your reply with interest. 

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

The new modem you sent me is crap, for an experiment i connected my old one back and guess what the speed went up from 23 to 37mbps. Why oh why did you send out such an outdated modem, even your online line status checker told me it was no good and now its telling me i just have a problem with the speed to the modem but the modem is good. I'm paying for superfast broadband and the speed boost.

Ill leave it on (my old modem)for another 48hrs as i did last week and then you will have to get openreach to come out and check everything.

This is not good enough, i dont expect to be paying for something that i am clearly not receiving.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. What is the make and model of the replacement router? If there is still no improvement by tomorrow then we'll pass this over for further investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi, replacement is a Huawei hg633 which flags up as unsuitable on the line status check whereas my old one flags up as being one of the latest routers.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. That's strange it would advise this as the HG633 is still one of our most recent routers. Could you bump your thread in the morning or later on today and if there is no improvement then we'll pass this straight over for investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi, still very slow today, i don't see this getting any better.

Thanks.