Slow superfast broadband

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hello anybody there ?????????????

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

I was told to bump this today which i did, but complete silence from the team ????

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Good morning, this is my morning bump of this ongoing problem, nothing herad yesterday. Can you point me in the right direction to cancel my contract without penalty as talktalk have failed to deliver guaranteed speeds.

Im fed up of this back and forward going nowhere help and think its time to call it a day.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Just to advise, we reply to posts oldest to newest, continually posting on your thread would result in a delayed response from the OCE's.

I have passed this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

The terms and conditions state that i must give you 30 days to rectify the problem with my superfast fibre broadband, if after that 30 days you (talktalk) have not rectified the problem i can cancel my contract without penalty.

As per these terms i would like talkalk to get my broadband at its guaranteed speed within this time frame. I am not agreeing to engineer charges and I'm leaving it up to you to fix it as per the agreement.

Please let me know how you intend to rectify this prior to the 30 day limit.

Thanks again.

Highlighted
martswain
Philosopher

To comply with the "fix it in 30 days" you have to keep your side of the contract and allow an engineer visit, otherwise TT (or any other company) can say you never gave them a reasonable opportunity to address the issue.

Time to stop burying your head in the sand.

Martin
Highlighted
rbaker
Team Player

I had six engineer visits and did not accept the charges for any visit.  TT detected a fault, tried to get me to agree to the charges and I declined because they detected the fault which I assume must be away from my property.  Each engineer predicatably found nothing wrong even though there was obviously something wrong.  I suggested they look in the DSLAM but that was rebuked as nonsense.    I was released from my contract a year early.  I migrated and got a permenant 70Mbps connection overnight.  The problem is that TT are not capable of dealing with openreach and until they learn how to do this, there will be issues forever.

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Martin, not burying my head in the sand , i have agreed to an engineer visit I'm just not willing to blindingly accept charges without being told what they are for. The conditions clearly state that they must have 30 days to rectify the problem, this actual paragraph has no mention of charges. 

If the oce had said that if the fault is within my home and my fault then i would understand this but this has not been made clear to me.

As it stands I'll wait to here from talktalk as to what they intend to do.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

If you are confident that you have tested everything internally and that is not the cause of any issues then an engineer charge will not arise. But Openreach will not agree to investigate until you agree to the possibility of charges, that's the way it is I'm afraid. 

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Unfortunately we will need to confirm possible engineer charges before we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

I'm confident there is no problem within my home so go ahead and arrange for an engineer please.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

I have sent you a further Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

The engineer visit has been arranged for 05/03/2019 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Will do.

Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Engineer reset my line and speed is up to 70-72 mbps. So all good for the time being.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

Highlighted
Crapbroadband
Conversation Starter

Will do.