Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow throughput on a 40/2 circuit

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Hopefully someone can help.

Im connected at 40mb with a max of around 60mb. My throughput will never be higher than 18mb though, wired or wireless, using multiple different sites/tools/devices. It’s been like this since upgrading to fttc.  

I’ve tried leaving the router off for 30mins as suggested-no difference.

I’ve replaced the HG533 with the newest Wi-fi Hub, exactly the same.

It’s not my devices as I can see 74mb on 80mb circuits at a friends house.  

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Anonymous welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. Does your phone connection sounds ok? No crackling popping noise.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, no the line is perfect, doesn’t ever drop sync apart from when I’ve intervened with it. It just literally wants to run at half speed!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Valley47,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Were you using the hg533 router with a separate modem? Did you run the speed test wired with just the one device connected to the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies I meant hg633! That doesn’t surprise me as it’s a solid connection. No I was using it as a stand alone router, the same as the new WiFi hub is now. And Yes I ran it wired with only that once device connected. It refuses to ever go above 18mb.

Highlighted

Hi Valley47

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Valley47,

Thanks for the PM. It looks as though you've had a free upgrade to our fast broadband extra service, this should give you faster speeds than you had before for no additional charge but the speed is limited to 18Mbps.

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok.. I don’t recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. It says a minimum of 10mb on my account but not that it’s limited. Thanks for the info.