cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slow to non existant speeds in the evenings.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi dkw888

Thanks for the Private Message and for providing your availability for an engineer visit.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 25/08 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Participant
An update: On thursday evening on the way home from work, I passed an Open Reach crew outside my neighbours property installing a new telegraph pole.
Rebooted my router that evening and my connection is a magnatude better. it does still drop to bellow 3Mbps on ocassions in the evening but is usable. Daytime speeds are now above 10Mbps, more often above 15/20. Hope this helps.
Highlighted

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Has the speed now remained consistent since Thursday? If you no longer want to go ahead with the engineer visit then I'd recommend contacting our Tech Team ASAP (before 3pm today) to cancel this visit.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
It's far better, but still not %100 in the later evenings (indeed I don't know if you can see the last few speed tests, it was still dropping to below 10Mbps). I will let the engineer come just incase I have done something daft!
Highlighted

Hi

OK. Let us know what the engineer has to say after the visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant

The engineer has just been.

Set up was fine, checked all internal connections, ran tests, all okay.

He contacted Talktalk after the initial tests, resulting in a port being changed and some other settings adjusted, and that to allow 10-14 days for it to stabilise.

Fingers crossed!

Highlighted

Hi

OK, let us know how things are looking in a couple of days.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Participant
Just an update: since Tuesday the speeds and connection have stayed stable.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me!
Highlighted