There is no way to contact TalkTalk currently (no phone, web chat, email, query form, etc.) so as a last resort I have signed up to the community in the vague hope that a member of the TalkTalk team will get back to me.
My problem is that I am getting significantly lower speeds than I am paying for (on the Faster Fibre package). Line tests were performed, a new router has been installed and still the speed remains constantly lower than it should be. This is a big problem regarding working from home so any solutions would be appreciated!
P.S. It is not a WiFi issue, the same occurs with wired connections and the router itself is reporting the speed to be lower than it should.
Thanks in advance for your time,
I have the exact same problem as above.
Did the tests, and after turning off router for 20 minutes, the speeds went from 30mbps to 20mbps, so it actually got worse!
Normally I would get about 60mbps , so this is significantly reduced.
As a household of 7 all trying to do work, schooling and conference calls, this is a real problem.
Please get me through to somebody who can help.
Apologies for this. We are doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona Virus.
I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 13.1mb.
Is your router currently connected at the test socket? If the router is not at the test socket then would it be possible to power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then connect the router directly at the test socket? (once router is switched back on)
We can then check the connection stats again after 48hrs to see if DLM has made any changes to the line profile/speed.
I have followed your instructions and it has nearly been 48 hours, with absolutely zero improvement to the broadband speed.
I have just checked the Faster Fibre package for my location (for a new customer). Supposedly, I should have an estimated speed of between 22.6Mb and 37Mb with a guaranteed minimum of 17.9Mb. As you have said, the line speed is at 13.1Mb which obviously does not fulfill this guarantee.
I really need this increase to productively work from (and access media services in) my home. Indeed, I was thinking of upgrading to a faster package but if I can't even get the speed that is supposed to be provided by this package, that upgrade will be with someone else.
Can you please update your community profile to include your:
We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.
Thanks and stay safe!
Surely you must be joking? This thread is 22 days old and now you are responding by asking for information in my profile WHICH IS ALREADY THERE.
I will consider this to be a funny, funny joke for my own sanity.
I have been trying to solve this issue for a month now and you haven't even managed to do the bare minimum. In fact, since trying to get this solved, I have lost 1.7Mbps from the original speed I had issue with! I have been exceptionally nice under the circumstances but I am now starting to lose my patience.
Before I get asked again, there is no problem with anything on my end, from the master socket to all devices. The router is itself reporting the speed I am getting. It is a new router, so that isn't the problem. Extensive line tests have been done and reported no faults. The router is still currently plugged into the test socket (from when I was asked to do so in this thread, ~18 days ago) so don't ask me to do that either.
Good afternoon Jack7824,
Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. The confusion earlier was entirely my fault I apologise.
I have looked over this service and can see the line is being stabilised due to errors. This is what is bringing the speeds down. The stabilisation is done automatically (by robots in the background) using the rule "slow internet is better than no internet". It looks like there is an issue that is not showing up on the testing. I have requested this stabilisation is removed to get you up to the speed the line can provide. For the line to stabilise this much there will be an ongoing issue in the background that the testing is not picking up. I would like to get an Openreach engineer out to look into this. Can you please confirm the below details
To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information:
Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.
Thanks and keep safe
Good afternoon Jack7824,
I have raised this for network investigation, this means no appointment or site visit at this time. This is all Openreach are allowing currently due to the Covid-19 situation. If the engineer believed access to the premises is needed he will request this. We are expecting an update on the progress of this investigation in the next 48 hours. I hope this goes smoothly for you.
Thanks and stay safe!