Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Chris 

The only other day i am not working is Friday next week

Regards

Gemma

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

OK thanks Gemma, can you just confirm that you accept potential engineer charges and we'll book the engineer for you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

hi @OCE_Chris 

I accept the charges. Would the visit be on Monday or Friday?

Regards

- Gemma

Highlighted

Thanks. We'll try to book the engineer for Monday but if Monday is booked up we'll book Friday, is this OK?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player

hi @OCE_Chris 

Yes that fine. Could you let me know afterwards which day you have managed to book for us.

Regards

Gemma

Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi Gemma,

We've provisionally booked the engineer for Monday (30th) AM (08:00-13:00) - I'll check in about an hour to confirm that the appointment has gone through OK and I'll let you know 🙂

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Gemma,

Just letting you know that we've received confirmation that the engineer is booked for Monday (30th) AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Team Player

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know how things turned out.  An Openreach  engineer called and did some work on the lines outside of the house and almost immediately our sync speed jumped up. After about 10 days, the DLM had the sync speed up to a steady 80mbps down and 20 mbps up which is what we had previosuly experienced.

The actual throughput speed fluctuated around 50ish down and 17-18 up and settled at 57mbps down (not good) and 17 mbps up (which is close enough to not worry me.)

Knowing that our line was now as close to perfect as copper can be, that we were less than 200M from the cabinet and having read some things about the Wifi hub improving wifi signal at the expense of throughputs I decided to try an old Dlink router in bridge mode (thanks to a post elsewhere by @KeithFrench ) with my Netgear Nighthawk R8000 in router mode doing the brain work.

Pretty straight forward set up and whilst maintaining the 80/20 sync speed, the throughputs have jumped to 70mbps down with the uploads staying level at around 17-18 mbps

In  the end, openreach solved some issues with the lines and the new shiny wifi hub was also a big bottleneck on the connection.

I would like to thank @OCE_Chris @OCE_Debbie @KeithFrench for their help and support with this issue

regards

- Gemma

Highlighted

Hi Gemma,

Thanks for posting the update, and glad my community colleagues were able to assist.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES