would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower fibre and pages timing out since new router and line noise fixed

ANSWERED
Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Debbie, have replied with the information requested.
Peter
Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've requested that the engineer visit is arranged and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Peter

The engineer visit has been arranged for 01-Feb-19 09:00: - 12:00:

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Thank you Debbie.
Community Team

Hi Peter

No problem, please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor

Sadly a waste of time......
He told me:-
My line is almost 6,750 meters long, over 4 miles!
The Talktalk speed tester is no good, dont use it.
That due to new housing I must expect a drop off in speed as the lines become busier.
He did a router reset that he denied initially but the router suddenly was showing my SSID, something I had switched off.
I am .8 of a mile from the fibre cabinet (.7 on google maps) and I didn't think you could have fibre if you were more than a mile from the cabinet.
He left telling me to monitor it and so far this is my second attempt to post this!!!!!

I tried to tell him it was not a speed isuue.

I can confirm it is worse that it has ever been, please can we do somthing quickly as its now been 4 weeks, thanks.

Community Team

Hi Peter

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team again in regards to this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Community Team

Hi Peter

We can request a BT Openreach engineer visit to complete further investigations. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Yes please Debbie, thank you.
Community Team

Hi Peter

Please can you confirm possible engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Hi Debbie
Agree to charges if my area of responsibility.
Early Am is best for me but if it gets one here quicker Pm is ok.
Peter
Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I've passed your availability over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Peter

The engineer visit has been arranged for 05/02 AM 8-1. 

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor
Community Team

Hi Peter

No problem, please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Debbie

Engineer arrived at about 12 carried out some tests in the house and then left to carry out further test on the net work. He agreed there was a problem and on his return at about 14.30 said he had rectified some corroded connections and retested from the exchange back to the house.

He then retested from the house to exchange and was happy with the result he has said to monitor it and be prepared for the possibility of drop outs because they will monitoring the line and be making adjustment as and when necessary to get the best speeds they can on my line.

I can confirm that the Ping as gone from 22ms to 15ms, upload is back up to 36.8 and download is 6.4, so improvements all round. Need to carry out more checks to make sure no more “time outs” but are quite confident (fingers crossed) that they are no more.

I am now a happy bunny.

Will see how it goes and post back in a few days with an update.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

Community Team

Hi Peter

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

Please can you continue to monitor the connection and let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

peterp1
Super Duper Contributor