cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Slower speed than the WIfi Hub suggests I should have

Community Team

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the bump. There's no update yet so I'm chasing this up for you. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow.

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Rob,

Our network team have said they'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Rob_B
Conversation Starter
Hey Chris,

I'm not the account holder so I will have to pass the message on, but I know I'll be asked which of the possible charges would apply to us? I assume it's just the section listed Fibre Service Visit? Or would other subsections apply too?

Cheers,
Rob
Community Team

Hi Rob,

If you could just ask the account holder to register on the Community and post on the thread we can then confirm the details with them. The potential charges are under Openreach engineer visit 

Thanks

Chris

Franco_B
First Timer

Hello Chris,

I'm the account holder. 

Regards, Franco

Community Team

Hi Franco,

Thanks for registering on the Community 

Can you please complete your Community Profile and if you'd like us to go ahead and arrange the engineer visit can you please confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Franco_B
First Timer

Hi chris,

i accept the charges, afternoon slot would be better, any day but thursday should be fine.  I assume i personally do not need to be there, just someone in the house?

regards, franco.

Community Team

Hi Franco,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Franco,

Apologies, please ignore my PM earlier today, I can see that you're provided the information I requested (no you personally don't have to be there)

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Franco,

Our network team have confirmed that the engineer visit is booked for 29/01/2019 PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Rob_B
Conversation Starter
Hey Chris,

Engineer just left. He fiddled/changed/magicked the first box into the house - not the master socket - as there was corrosion on the contacts and put a new filtered faceplate on the master socket too. SNR reported by his terminal went from ~ 4db to ~8db downstream. The terminal reported max capable sync rate as ~56/12Mbps.
Connected the WiFi hub back up and removed the hg635, it's synced at ~40/10 with a max showing of ~45/10, can't tell the SNR because the Hub doesn't report it correctly.

Hopefully this'll solve the issue, the engineer seems to think it was more than likely the first box. Fingers crossed!

Cheers,
Rob
Community Team

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the update, if you do experience any further problems just let us know 

Chris