cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Smart TV won't connect to internet

16 REPLIES 16
Popular Poster

Have a new Philips Smart TV which we're trying to connect to internet. Attaches to TalkTalk router OK using Wifi, TPLink or cable direct into router. Can see it from router software. Won't go out to internet though. If we run Youtube we just get the message 'Unable to load requested page'. Any suggestions?

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi cazhughes

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Are all other devices connected and working ok? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Popular Poster

Hi Debbie

Thanks for getting back to us. We have a Huawei HG633 Router with a WD MyCloud connected by LAN cable (have switched this off for testing, just in case) and a TP-Link to TP-Link connection for TalkTalk box with Panasonic TV connected. Soundbase and HiFi use Wireless but have been switched off while attempting to connect new Philips TV. This needs Wireless in location but have also tested with TP-Link and LAN cable. All existing devices work OK.

Regards ..... Caz

Team Player

What do the TV diagnostics say ?

i.e. (Remote) Home button -> Settings -> Wireless and networks ->

Connect to network

Check the network

View network settings

etc

etc

Ideally it needs a static IP and unique network name.

Note: It connects either via WiFi or ethernet cable, not both at the same time.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
Popular Poster

Hi Piethorne

Settings and messages as follows -

Connect to Network -

Internet connection not available. Check your router settings or contact your ISP.

Check Network -

The TV is connected to your router, and the router is connected to the internet.

View network - 

Network type - Wireless

Status - Connected

Network - TALKTALK92407E

Speed - 130 Mbps

Signal strength - Full

Encryption method - WPA2-PSK

Network mode - DHCP

IP address - 192.168.1.11

Netmask - 255.255.255.0

Gateway - 192.168.1.1

DNS 1 - 192.168.1.1

DNS 2 - 192.168.1.1

Network configuration - DHCP

So, DHCP rather than static IP. Network name is TV model. And, yes, I know that it's either WifI or ethernet cable, not both at the same time. We tried cable and TP-Link only after WiFi had failed.

Cheers .... Caz

Hi caz,

Can I just confirm, has this previously connected and worked ok? Do any of the players load?

Thanks

Team Player

The settings are similar to mine for a wireless connection, except for the primary and secondary DNS addresses. (I've set the router DHCP DNS server to use googles servers - primary 8.8.8.8 and secondary 8.8.4.4)

If I remember correctly, I had a similar issue at first (Philips 4k 43PUS6754) with internet apps not working and did a factory reset of the TV (only takes a minute). After that there was no problem connecting either a wired or wirelessly.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
Popular Poster

Hi Michelle

This is a new TV so not worked before. Different apps do different things -

iPlayer, SmartTV and Internet Browser go nowhere.

Youtube says 'Unable to load requested page'.

All4 shows all the adverts then says 'This content is currently unavailable' (!)

My5 says 'Currently unavailable due to a technical problem'.

ITV Hub alone seems to work OK.

Regards .... Caz

Popular Poster

Hi

Tried a reset but made no difference. 

I can't see how to amend DNS settings in router interface.

Cheers

Hi

Can you reboot the router and I'll see if I can check the settings remotely.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

Router has been rebooted.

Hi

I've separated the wifi channels, so when connecting to wifi, you will see 2 wifi options, both with the same name, except the 5Ghz wifi now ends with '5'.

I've also changed the DNS.

If you can try and connect the TV, see if it will connect to either of the wifi channels and see if it will work.

If this fails, then we can try a different model router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Karl - Have tried TALKTALK92407E again (assume password not changed) and has made no difference. TALKTALK924075 is not visible on TV even after a rescan.

Hi

I'll get a new router out to you (different model) and see if that is better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Popular Poster

Thanks.

Popular Poster

Hi Karl

Got new router this afternoon - very quick! All connected and now working OK. Thanks so much for your help.

Regards .... Caz

Hi Caz,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks