Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Smart TV won’t update apps

9 REPLIES 9
Devondixiechick
First Timer

Hi, I have a problem with apps on my brand -new smart LG TV in particular Amazon Prime and Netflix I have a new LG and get error code 324 unstable network.  The apps will not update.  I also bought a 4K Firestick to check that it wasn’t just an app problem 

My TV connects perfectly to internet (both WiFi and wired)  I have SKY Q and have no problems with downloading etc. 

I have fibre broadband and excellent connection and speed - no issues with any other devices inside the home. 

I have tried troubleshooting now since December 2018 and have done the following: 

Talktalk tech support who reset router, checked software. 

Talktalk (Openreach) engineer visit who checked all hardware etc and recorded Download speed of 16.82 Upload speed 5.02 and ping latency of 33.25

Replaced my LG T.V. Twice (via John Lewis)also  tried Sony Bravia and experienced same issues.

Have a second TV in my kitchen and issues are the same. 

Troubleshooted  with LG and Sony and Amazon 

purchased new power line adapters 

plugged Ethernet cable directly from router into TV 

purchased 4K firestick 

just had my 3 rd LG TV delivered and set up by John Lewis who have been fantastic but are no longer able to keep replacing my TV. 

John Lewis have never experienced this with any of their TV set-ups and are convinced it is an issue with a setting on Talktalk broadband which is not allowing the apps to update. 

I have tried Talktalk tech support and they are simply unable to comprehend my issue..... as it doesn’t fit their script and I cannot lose another hour of my life trying to communicate with them. 

I am literally at the end of my tether with this. 

I am not techie but can follow instructions.

please, if anyone can help save my sanity I would appreciate it! 

British Blue cats
Divsec
Community Star

Hi DDC, welcome to the community, your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary it is used to identify your account.

Also, please, which router do you have, and silly question, have you tried rebooting it?

D

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi Devondixiechick

Can you look at the TV settings and see if there is an option to change any network settings.  Specifically is there an option so set the DNS server.  If there is, try setting this to 8.8.8.8  and secondary of 8.8.4.4

Thanks

Karl. 

Devondixiechick
First Timer

Hi I am just checking to see if anyone is available to investigate my issue further.  I haven’t used the forum before and am not sure how it works?   Are the OCE members an interface between customers and Talktalk ?  I am becoming exasperated and wonder if a replacement hub would be worth a try.  I borrowed a BT homehub 5 from a friend but it was locked to BT and too much hassle to reconfigure the settings for Talktalk.

I believe I have literally tried everything apart from a new router or changing setting on my existing router.

With Thanks 

Jan 

British Blue cats
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Jan sorry you are still having problems. Did you try the suggestion from @OCE_Karl ?

Karl is a Talktalk employee and works hard to solve our problems. Generally he or a colleague will make. A Suggestion, you try it and report back with the result. It can take a while but they generally get to the bottom of it and will not give up on you.

D

Devondixiechick
First Timer

Hi Karl 

I have not been offered any further suggestions since you replied to my post and I tried want you suggested without success. How can I escalate this issue to a level where I could get some support ?  As previously posted I have exhausted all possibilities and this forum is my last hope.   To recap, I have had BT Openreach engineer visit and there is no problem with the internet connection. I have had 4 new televisions in succession 3 x LG  1 x Sony and the problem persists.   I have also renewed all cables and am working on a direct wired connection from Hub via Ethernet. 

I would really appreciate someone to take a look at this for me.  If no one on here can help can you suggest somewhere that could take it on?  

Thanks 

British Blue cats
Community Team

Hi

As other devices are working and the internet itself is fine with no visible issues, this is a tricky one.  First thing to try is replacing the hardware and see if that makes a difference.  A new router is on the way so this can be swapped over to see if this make any difference.  This is the same model as the current router, but if this still fails we can try another model.

Thanks

Karl. 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Jan, another thought whilst your router is on the way, does your smart TV require you to login? my Samsung certainly does, it works well without but nothing clever happens.

@OCE_Karl 

Devondixiechick
First Timer

Hi Karl 

I still have not had any more assistance with my ongoing issue.  Please could you direct me to some further support?

Thanks 

Jan

British Blue cats
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Jan, how was the replacement router?