Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Solid orange light on wifi hub

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My Hub stopped working last night. It's not a network problem because my neighbour is with TalkTalk and her wifi is working fine. I have tried a soft re-set and a factory re-set and it makes no difference - the solid orange light always returns.

I urgently need internet access - help!

Highlighted
Community Star

Staff are very unlikely to reply before Monday,  @DaphneH.

Chat is available over the weekend if you can reach it using links from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For help on the forum you need to complete your community forum profile details.  Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi, have just the same issue. Try ringing 0345 172 0088, I got through yesterday, various tests on router, ours needs syncing, could be 72 hours before they get back to sort it. But yours may not be a sync issue. Stressful as need internet for work, as we all do at the moment!

L Chatwin
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you. I got through to Chat and they ran all the tests but they didn't show up a fault. So now I'm waiting for the technical team to call me. Nearly 48 hours now without wifi - very slow response from TalkTalk. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks - I've now updated my personal info.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Same here, still waiting for the technical team to call.........

L Chatwin
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi DaphneH

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests have not detected any faults. I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie

Yes please send a replacement route as that's the only thing it can be. I would be so grateful if it could be sent quickly - I work from home so this is a bit of a nightmare.

Many thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Hi DaphneH

Apologies for the delay.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

@OCE_Debbie 

The new router arrived yesterday, I connected it, but it won't connect to the internet - constant orange and white flashing light. Just had a long exchange on Chat who did a line test and said they 'have detected the fault to be with your connectivity' and they are now passing this to a case manager.

This all seems such a protracted process... I've now been without internet for a week.

Highlighted

Hi DaphneH

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you are still experiencing this fault with a replacement router at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

This is so frustrating. I should not still be waiting for the engineer to come out. It's just unacceptable that I've been without internet for 2 weeks. It's precisely because of your handling of cases such as mine that TalkTalk has such a poor reputation for customer service. Please sort out my internet urgently!

Highlighted

Hi DaphneH

Thanks for the Private Message

I have arranged the engineer visit for 03/09 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi DaphneH

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie