Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Solid red Internet light on router.

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

That mirrors my initial experience experience exactly. I shall be interested to hear how things progress.

Best wishes

Peter

Pfred
Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Could i please ask for an update on what the next stage is to get my internet service fixed.   

Community Team

Hi Simon

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've contacted our Network Team and I will post back on this thread shortly.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Simon

Our Network Team have asked us to confirm again if 2 different routers have been connected and tested?

Please can you also send me a Private Message confirming the MAC address that is on the back of your router?

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Thanks for your message.  

I had the openreach engineer visit my house yesterday . They were looking at this fault for 4 hours. He seemed very experienced at his job.  I really am getting frustrated with the lack admittance that this is a Talk Talk fault.  The engineer who came was very professional and looked at the fault in a very logical way. His test equipment showed my line to have a 38mb connection to the green cabinet .  Do you seriously think he didn't check my brand new Talk Talk router?  He even brought his own brand new BT router which was connected to the phone line to carry out test 

So.  Yes.    All 3 Talk Talk router i now have have been tested .  The was diagnosed yesterday and was told that it is a software / hardware issue in the Talk Talk part of the network and nothing to do with my brand new router or fully tested phone line. 

Could you please confirm that Talk Talk have actually read the report / findings from the openreach visit?  

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

Did you originally have a working service that suddenly failed or was it a new service or an update perhaps to Faster Fibre that gave rise to the problem?

Thanks

Peter

Pfred
Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Been fine and working for 4 years on fibre connection.   Was working at 11pm and when i got up at 6am had the red light.  No service since.   Open reach engineer was very helpful and said it isn't a normal fault that he comes across often.   In past he said he has always been able to fix red internet faults and was really supportive.   He said he had. List if test and diagnostic checks which had to be worked through.   

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

After 4 hours he said there were no faults and everything on openreach side were performing normal so it must be a fault on talk talk side that is stopping the data flowing.

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Thanks Simon

My experience is somewhat different;  had been working for twenty years on the old copper connection albeit with an ISP that TalkTalk took over. My problem started with my request to update to Faster Fibre; that took place on 6 Feb and I have had no broadband since. Is your router the same as in the attached picture?

Peter

IMG_1055.JPG

Pfred
Simon Atkinson
Team Player

I have 2 different Hauwei routers. My original one was HG633 and the new one they sent last week is the older HG635 version.   

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

Thanks for your message.

My router is different and I assume later but I have no way of knowing that.

I also have a Huawei HG633 that I've never used - just tried it and I get the same result as you, continuous red.

However, this is almost certainly not a router issue and is probably a question of authentication by the network which I suspect, although I obviously have no firm evidence. is a big problem for TT.

I will keep you posted should I make any progress.

Peter

Pfred
Community Team

Hi Simon

Apologies for the delay.

Our Network Team are investigating this further and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Birchcroft
Wise Owl
Hi Pfred, if you log onto your router and take a look at the log file it may well show if the issue is related to an authentication error.
Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Birchcroft

Thanks for your message. I've replied privately to you since I don't want to hijack this thread.

You can find my posts at "Faster Fibre Broadband not working since inception!"

Peter

Pfred
Community Team

Hi Simon

Our Network Team have completed all their investigations and have advised that everything is set up correctly on our Network Team. We would need to arrange another BT Openreach engineer visit. 

Please can you confirm your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Thanks

Debbie

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Any morning but not Friday.  Openreach were here 4 hours last time and said they had done allbtest vailable to and 100% proved it wasn't a fault on their side.  They even plugged a BT hub in and did tests with that to show they could get thet internet data to flow over their part if the network.   Just for info ,  engineer said that last time he came across this issues it was related to Talk Talk upgrading hardware / software and failing to migrate some customers onto the new equipment.   Do you know if somebody has actually checked if anything maintenance was carried out overnight on the day mine went off?  

Pfred
Conversation Starter

Hi Simon

Re your latest message.

Oddly enough the first Openreach engineer to visit us said pretty much the same thing from his experience i.e. "TalkTalk failing to migrate some customers onto new equipment"??

One wonders!

Peter

Pfred
Community Team

Hi Simon,

I've asked our network team to book the earliest AM appointment available 

(this has been logged over to our network operations centre, they've confirmed that everything looks OK at our end and have advised that it does need to go back to Openreach)

Chris

Simon Atkinson
Team Player

Thanks.   I have just had a message from the openreach engineer that came to my property.  He wanted to ask if the issue had been resolved as other Talk Talk customers in this area have also the same issue.  

Community Team

Hi Simon,

Our network team have confirmed that they've booked the engineer visit for tomorrow (10th) AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris