would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Solid red power light

7 REPLIES 7
Smcalister
First Timer

Hi all,

My DSL-3782 super router displays a solid red power light.

I have tried the turning off, waiting 15 minutes and turning back on. I have also tried resetting the router by holding the reset button for 5 seconds. 

It's been a couple of days now.  I have tried this a few times but the router is a solid red power light every single time it powers back on.

I believe the router might be faulty.  Is anyone able to assist on this issue?

Highlighted
KeithFrench
Community Star

It is definitely faulty. I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Smcalister

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Smcalister
First Timer
Hi Debbie, I have done this now. Please let me know if there's anything else you need from me
Community Team

Hi Smcalister

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Can I just check if your landline service is working ok when making calls? 

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Smcalister
First Timer

Hi Debbie, a replacement router would be ideal. 

Nothing has changed in my office set up, except the only light which shows on the router is the power light, which is a solid permanent red at all times. 

Community Team

Hi Smcalister

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then send the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Smcalister

Thanks for the Private Message.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie