Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Some LAN port router questions

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

My standard broadband contract is coming too an end and am looking at upgrading to super fast fibre. What is the current router (HG ---- --) that I will be getting with this service. I only ask because a lot of my web use is via wired connection and I read about LAN ports being 100mbs and some being 1000mbs. So can anyone tell me the specs of the router that I would receive if I upgraded to fibre or the specs on the super hub.

If I have super fibre at 60mbs would a lan port at 100mbs be a bottle neck or do I need a faster Lan port enabled router.

As a back story (don't laugh) I am using the EchoLife HG520b. As I said most of my web stuff is wired and my broadband is at 9mbs so I saw no benefit in swapping the router--- Until now being faced with a hike in contract costs and broadband only being £3 cheaper, and we are now also starting to use wifi a lot more. 

Silly but I loved the HG 520b as it was also a picture frame and white. 

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Marvel

All fibre plans come with a Wi-Fi Hub included in the package.  The Wi-Fi Hub Ethernet ports are all 1Gb speed. Set up details are here.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Star

If you are upgrading to fibre broadband for the first time then you are entitled to a free WiFi Hub which has full gigabit ethernet ports. And as mentioned in your other topic to which I have also replied, the best way to arrange these things is via the customer loyalty team.  🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@Gondola  Yes thank you I see. I thought that it just came with a "super router"

1gb Lan - ok  thanks for that info. 

Highlighted
Community Star

You're welcome.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@fergusonYes thank you for that. To help the forum I thought that I should use the separate sections. Although it perhaps would of been easier to do it all in one.   

Community Star

No problem, albeit @Gondola beat me to the reply here!  🙂

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Yes I am conflicted as to who do I award the best answer to 😍

Highlighted
Community Star

Haha, no worries, as long you are happy with the help you’ve received. 🙂