Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed Boost Query

8 REPLIES 8
Chatterbox

Hi,

I recently decided to switch providers from talktalk and earlier today I received a phone call from them saying that they could double my speed at no extra cost. I currently get between 15-30mb download and the guy I spoke to said it would go up to between 36-60mb with a minimum of 32mb.

However, I’m unsure how this is possible as the fastest speed I can get at this property is 30mb (according to BT dsl line checker). I queried this with the guy on the phone and he said it’s because there is some new technology that allows for faster speeds and he didn’t really understand how it works as he’s “not an engineer”.

It sounds a bit too good to be true to me? Would somebody be able to look into this for me? Or has anybody else on here had a similar experience? Double speed would be great but I’m worried I’ve just been had over by a load of sales waffle!

Cheers

Community Star

For some reason your post missed auto escalation for a response. I have now escalated for you and you should get a reply early next week.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Chatterbox

Thanks @fr8ys 

I ended up phoning customer service and this has now been escalated as a complaint with senior management.

thank you for your help.

Community Star

Thanks for letting us know.

Good luck and hope you get it resolved.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Qwertyjerty,

OK, thanks for letting us know 

Chris

Chatterbox

Hi there @OCE_Chris 

Unfortunately this matter still hasn’t been resolved. I was told somebody from senior management would be in touch with me over weekend, but still not heard anything.

A talktalk employee rang me up, and in an effort to make me stay with you, offered me:

A free speed boost, which I later found out wasn’t possible on my line, I even questioned this with the talktalk agent, and he assured me it was because of “some new technology”

He also said that he’d reduce my monthly cost to £19.95 and add £60 credit to my account. Neither of which has happened, nor is there any note of this on your system.

I’m just really disappointed that this hasn’t been treated with a bit more urgency, I was taken advantage of and falsely led to believe that I was going to be getting all of the above if I agreed to stay with talktalk, so naturally I agreed. I also even spoke with another agent using the online chat, who again (falsely) assured me that the speed boost was possible on my line.

I have been advised to take this up with trading standards, and at the moment I feel like that’s my only option. 

Sorry for droning on about it on here, and I can appreciate that this is just a community forum and not an official part of customer service but I just feel like it’s not being taken seriously.

Is there anything you could do to help?

Hi @Qwertyjerty

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Chatterbox

Hi @OCE_Arne 

I appreciate that but I’ve actually already been contacted by somebody from “senior management”. And as a result of that conversation I’ve decided to leave talktalk.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Qwertyjerty

Sorry that you have decided to leave.

I can see the cancellation request going to complete on the 18th.

Regards