Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed Drop Faster Fibre

6 REPLIES 6
Zumla
Popular Poster

Hello, in the last day or so my speeds have dropped from ~74/18 to 38/13.

Yesterday I turned my router off for 30 minutes and this solved the issue for the day. This morning the speeds have dropped once again.

My router is connected to the master socket, it is a standard HG633 from talktalk.

please could you help.

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):

Downstream line rate (kbit/s):

Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):

Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):

Upstream interleave depth:

Downstream interleave depth:

Line standard:

VDSL2

Upstream line attenuation (dB):

Downstream line attenuation (dB):

Upstream output power (dBm):

Downstream output power (dBm):

Channel type:

Interleaved

DSL up-time:

0 days 7 hours 43 minutes 26 seconds

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @Zumla 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Zumla,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service

Line test is passing but I can see that there were a number of re-connections yesterday and your sync speed is fluctuating 

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris

Zumla
Popular Poster

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply (and thanks Keith for flagging it up).

The reconnections during the day was our electricity going out in the morning (unrelated) for a few minutes, then a quick power cycle of the router (to see if the speeds increased) and later on I turned it off for an hour to reset the profile.

How many telephone sockets do you have?

4 including the master socket. The broadband signal is split from the phone line at the master socket so no filters are required thought the rest of the house.

What other devices do you have connected in addition to your router?

A single wired phone.

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Yes, it is an MK4 openreach socket (5c).

Community Team

Hi

The profile is set at 80mb.

Sync speed is at 41mb.  Can you connect the router into the test socket with a filter and see if the speed increases.  Also, check the home phone, is this clear of any noise ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Zumla
Popular Poster

Hi Karl,

Thank you for your input. 

My phone line is clear of noise.

I connected my router to the test socket, the sync speeds jumped. And now on the normal socket they have maintained the same sync speeds. Odd... but very welcome on my side.

Would you like me to continue monitoring and feedback?

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 8 minutes 39 seconds

Community Team

Hi Zumla,

Glad to hear your speed has improved. Yes, can you continue to monitor and let us know if the speed drops again

Thanks
Chris