cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed Drop, Router Heating.. Talktalk wont replace my router wants to charge £120

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Team

My internet speed started slowing down since last week, I have been on phone to talk talk customer service for hours today. I have left my connection in test socket. Internet speed is good after every restart and the speed would drop after certain time and goes to a point of 1Mbps and if i restart the router it is back to 34Mbps for couple of minutes or half hour.

I have borrowed friends router to check as TalkTalk said they would charge me for engineer visits as they cannot find any fault and the speed was ok from their end. With other router the speed didnt drop.

On keen observation found that top of the router there is white colour degradation on router back and router is heating rapidly and i had chat with an agent who says it physical damage and i have pay £120 for router.

I seriously don't understand how it can be physical damage, I router is heating that could be reason for the melt/discoloration. I am very happy customer from last 2 years with no issues at all and have recommended talk talk to many of my friends at work, I really think I made a huge mistake of recommending them.

I just realised that not having problem in last 2 years doesn't mean good service, it is good help and support when you have a problem is what is important.

Karthik Reddy
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Finally, Agent agreed to send a free replacement saying the router is warranty.
Karthik Reddy
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad to hear a new router is on the way.

Test when this arrives and please let us know if it helps with the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE