cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed below expectations - how do we escalate?

8 REPLIES 8
benht
Participant

Hello,

The service centre, speed tests (and experience of the last few weeks) have shown our speed is 6Mb down (3 up) for our Faster Fibre connection.  The expectation is 20-37Mbps.

How do we escalate this as an issue?  Seems odd to go via the community but maybe that's how it's done?

thanks,

Ben

ps have tried restarting the router, didn't have multiple devices connected at the time of the test, it has been ok for months before December, on a DLink DSL-3782 with up to date software according to the service centre and no issues reported in my area.

KeithFrench
Community Star

What are the speeds recorded by the 3782?

When you did the speed test, was it over a wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection to the router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

benht
Participant

Hello,

Router home page says :

Link Rate: 3199/9024 Kbps

Speed tests were over wifi - when I've compared wired/wireless before the speeds were about the same.  Will double check that today though.

thanks,

Ben

benht
Participant

Yeah wired I got 3.5 down 2.9 up (even worse).

Wifi devices were not downloading/streaming anything at the time.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @benht 

The normal way, once you have created a thread is for the TalkTalk OCEs (support people) to get involved on here. Do you still need help, because if you do, I can get them involved for you?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you manage to get through to our Live Chat team or would you like us to look into this for you?

Thanks

benht
Participant

Thanks Keith and Michelle.

Per the "aha, found it" message I did find my way through to the online chat who were very helpful.  BT Openreach were booked, didn't show, were re-booked and finally arrived and fixed the issue (high resistance fault at the telegraph pole...ie it got water in it)!

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi benht,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks