cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed boost below minimum speed

Highlighted
Team Player
It's plugged into the test socket through a microfilter now.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for confirming this. Could you please bump your thread (request an update) on Wednesday and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if DLM has made any changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi. I've left the router connected to the test socket since Monday.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900,

What do you currently have connected to your test socket? Do you have another router you can test with?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
It's a TalkTalk Super Router (Huawei HG633) connected to the test socket. Yes I have another router that's not in use at the moment.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900,

Is the other router one that we supplied? Is it fibre compatible? If it is could you please connect it to your test socket and leave it there for the time being and we'll see if there's any speed improvement

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
It's a TalkTalk Plus Fibre router (HG533). I'll connect it to the test socket just now.
Highlighted
Team Player
I tried it with the Plus Fibre router and set it up in the same way as the Super Router, but there's no internet access on it at all. I ended up having to set the Super Router back up to get internet access back. Is there any other way forward?
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900,

The HG533 unfortunately will only work with fibre if connected via a fibre modem. I can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes please.
Highlighted

Hi

A router is on the way to you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

The Wi-Fi Hub router has been set up and connected to the test socket since Saturday afternoon.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900,

Thanks for trying that. As the current sync speed is just below the guaranteed minimum we can log this out for engineer visit. If you'd like us to arrange this please let us know and we'll confirmed some details with you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes I would like to arrange an engineer visit.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes I accept potential Engineers charges. I will be in between 1pm and 6pm except for Monday and Thursday.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

I've replied to the PM with more information.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel 

Thanks for the PM. I've provisionally booked the appointment for Tuesday 3rd PM (13:00 - 18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Team Player
Okay thank you. I'll post again after the engineer visit.