cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed boost below minimum speed

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

I've checked and  the booking has now been confirmed, I look forward to hearing how you get on 🙂

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Daniel

Just letting you know that I've checked and  the booking has now been confirmed, I look forward to hearing how you get on 🙂

Thanks
Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

The engineer visit has finished. The engineer reset the broadband and I'm waiting on the 10 day stabilisation period now. He also said that I'm too far away from the fibre cabinet to recieve the minimum guaranteed download speed. Should I send back the test router (Wi-Fi Hub) since my current Super Router wasn't the problem?
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900

Has the speed increased since the engineer visit?

If you would like to keep the new router and return the old router using the returns bag this will be ok.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

I tried another speed test on TalkTalk's website with my laptop connected to the router by ethernet cable. The speed was 51.7Mbps so no improvement. The engineer said the speeds I'm getting now are the highest my connection can support after stabilisation, and that it wouldn't be able to reach the guaranteed minimum speed. I'll send the old router back with the returns bag.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900

Thanks for your reply.

If the speed drops any further then please let us know.

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Okay thank you. I'll post again if the speed drops.
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi

Would it be possible for TalkTalk to send me a returns bag? I didn't receive one when the new router was posted to me.
Highlighted

Hi Daniel1900

No problem, the returns bag is on its way 🙂

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Okay thank you.
Highlighted

No problem, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Thanks