Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed boost is slow!

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Team Player

I had fibre at 37mb download, added speed boost but the speed is the same. It's on the new wifi hub. Tried 7 times with online chat to no avail as it kept disconnecting, each time going through the same cycle. Only one phone connection and it's all on the master socket. Please help!

Highlighted
Team Player
Line 1
Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate [Kbps] 32400 9998
Maximum Rate [Kbps] 43830 9998
Noise Margin [dB] 10.40 9.70
Attenuation [dB] 15.90 0.00
Power [dBm] 12.60 6.80
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Vickyfluff

Thanks for your post

I have found a slight problem, which meant the speed boost didnt apply properly, So I have fixed that issue,

Your speeds should increase in the next few hours

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi OCE_Arne

Wow, it that works thank you ever so much. I really appreciate your looking into this.

I will update in a few hours.

Thank you again
Highlighted
Team Player
HI @OCE_Arne,

Do I need to do anything special like restart the hub or is it best to just leave it alone to do its thing?
Highlighted

If the speeds havnt improved in a few hours leave the hub powered off for 30 mins. 

Highlighted
Team Player

I have left it a few hours and also turned off for 30 minutes (turned back on just now) and everything seems the same, no faster or slower ( thankfully). Do i need to wait longer ?

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Vickyfluff  see how it is over the week end do not turn the router off unless told to by the oce on here

as each time u do it can not help as the fibre side has a auto profile 

might find better tomorrow might be just taking some time to go through the system 

Oce will reply next week now they do not work weekends 

Hope that help Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Arne @hosay299  and anyone else who can help, 

I left the router and still no speed boost speed? Help please 

Actual Rate [Kbps]Maximum Rate [Kbps]Noise Margin [dB]Attenuation [dB]Power [dBm]

DownstreamUpstream
Highlighted
Team Player
BUMP
Highlighted
Team Player

UPDATE: so I tried the talk talk line health check, it was all ok except for download/upload speed had a yellow triangle on it, when I clicked "live test" the result said that there was a fault and they are working on it? 

I went into online chat (which is painful) and they said that an engineer will be going to the exchange to fix the fault within 24 - 72 hours, the chat then disconnected (as it does at inconvenient times). So fingers crossed they will sort it (although I have no idea what the fault would be). It appears whenever i make a change to my package it causes a fault and an engineer has to come out.

Highlighted

Hi Vicky,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle ,

I recieved a text to say the fault has been fixed, the syn speed was showing 43588 (approx) after and actual speed of 47000ish when I left home, been told it can take 10 days to get the best speed although my download test came in at 30mbps, but I will see when I get home later what is doing.

Highlighted

Hi Vicky,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Is your router currently switched off?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Michelle ,

I have just got home and I have a blinking orange light, the system log has this as the last message, at approx 13:05;

The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

Do I need to restart the router?

Highlighted
Team Player

@OCE_Michelle @OCE_Arne @hosay299 

Engineers went and did some work on the exchange, I recieved a text saying that the fault has been dealt with. I was told it takes up to 10 days for the router etc to settle, is it normal for the internet to disconnect several time during this process? 

I tried the online chat and text messaging service but they make my blood boil, by asking the same thing over and over again and not reading previous chats or messages, it's as if they had no idea an engineer has been out!

Highlighted
Team Player

Latest data 

Screenshot_20200218-160138_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted
Team Player

Now its showing this?

Screenshot_20200218-185936_Chrome.jpg

Team Player
I now have no internet, it's been off all night since before 10pm last night? Every thing worked fine before I added the speed boost and got the new router
Highlighted

Hi Vickyfluff

Apologies for this. I can see that the router is not in sync but the line test is not detecting any faults.

Do you still have the previous TalkTalk router?

Thanks

Debbie