Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed boost is slow!

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie ,

I have tried the previous router and it is not connecting either, I have turned it off for 30 minutes to see if that made a difference and it didnt 😞 

Highlighted
Team Player

Up until friday last week everything worked, then I got the speed boost and the new router, and it worked fine (apart from having the speed boost, same speed as before, but it worked), now, after the engineer has been out, the new router lost connection at least 4 times, the last one being for 10 hours, I tried my old super router and that didnt connect, it's all rather strange. Talktalk yesterday told me they are sending yet another router? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Vickyfluff

Thanks for your reply.

Is the old router currently connected to the line? (at the test socket) Do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

I  have put the new router back on, I dont have a telephone to plug in so dont know if there is a dial tone

Highlighted

Hi Vickyfluff

Ok, please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then let me know once this has been completed?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Ok, 10 second factory reset done
Highlighted
Team Player
Still doing the same thing
Highlighted

Hi Vickyfluff

Thank you. I can see that the router is still not in sync. Is the router currently at the test socket?

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes
Highlighted

Hi Vicky

I'm showing a DIS (Disconection) fault on the line.

I've logged this to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Thank you, there was an engineer out yesterday and that's when the disconnect problem started.

Vicky

Highlighted

Hi

Whatever they did, it's showing a Disconnection towards the exchange.  Lets hope this line engineer I've arranged can restore the service.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Karl 

Is it a between 24-72 hour timeframe for the engineer you booked?

Highlighted

Hi

With this engineer I would give it 24hrs for completion.  If you give me a nudge tomorrow I can check for an update from Openreach.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Just so it's on record, I have recieved and installed a new talktalk wifi hub and it is still the same(I wasnt expecting anything else really) 🙂 

Highlighted

Hi

I would not expect the new router to change anything with the Disconnection showing.

Lets see what the engineer can do.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Team Player

Update: internet now working, there was a problem with wiring between the house and a joiner (something like that). So between the non appointed engineer and house visit engineer it was sorted. This was all coincidental to my upgrade request! Thank you to @OCE_Karl @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Michelle @hosay299 @OCE_Arne  for all your help.

Vicky 

Highlighted

Hi Vicky,

So glad to hear that all is working now.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips