Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed boost not working.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have been with TalkTalk about two years now and had the fibre with speed boost. I was always getting between 50 & 60mbps, with no issues. When I came to renew, I didn't add the speed boost and my speed went down to between 20 & 35mbps, with daily dropouts. I've had the speed boost re-added about three weeks ago. My speeds have not improved and still range between 20 & 35mbps, with dropouts.

An Openreach engineer has been out regarding the drop outs and found nothing wrong, but mentioned that my speed would not go over 40mbps, as I was on a 40:10 package with TalkTalk. This seems like no boost has been added, but when I contact TalkTalk they just say that I'm getting my average minimum speed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I've got the same issue - spent 90 mins on chat to 2 separate 'Technical Agents' and no further forward. Have posted on this forum last week and no one has replied. Not happy
Highlighted
Chatterbox

ok 2nd Openreach engineer came out on 9th April, as Talktalk would not remove and re-add the speed boost without Openreach visit first. Engineer found no issues with line, though internet did drop out while he was here.

Two more chats to Talktalk that day and still no resolution, though they can see my average speed is to low. After numerous requests to remove and then re-instate the speed boost, Talktalk have decided to escalate the issue to a manager. I am still waiting for my 72 hour call back.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

if you don't have the super fast fibre package then you're never going to get 50-60 mbps. 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

The super fast fibre package is fibre+speed boost, which I should now be on (Talktalk keep telling me I am). I was getting 50-60 mbps when I was previously on this package. Now I'm lucky if it hits 37mbps. Talktalk chat is next to useless and all they keep doing is waste of time line checks.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I've not had the promised call back from @talktalk and now after two more days of online chats (numerous dropouts and low speeds), I will be getting a 3rd openreach visit. Ok what will a 3rd engineer find that the first two didn't?

😩

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hey Jgolds281, 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. The last engineer to attend found a fault with the cabling coming into your premises which he resolved. Since then we are not seeing any drops on the service. Are you able to confirm if this is now working?

Thanks and keep safe!

Jon

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Jon,

Yes thanks all resolved, though this time we didn't see the openreach engineer. We only assumed they working on it when everything went down for an hour. No more drop outs and the speed boost seems to active now.

Thanks for the response.