Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed drop down to 11.2

41 REPLIES 41
JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help? I had a load of problems with my TV from around 17th Dec. Tech support asked me to reboot my router a lot and because of that the speed has dropped from 21.6 down to 11.2. It's currently around 17. I should get 23 to 30Mbs.

I had a new microwave fitted and that caused a few resets but no more planned disconnects.

Can anyone do anything to make the box move to a higher speed connection?

Just feels like is running slower and downloads take a little longer.

The following is from the last 30 days.

JamesHappy_0-1577729173397.png

This is last 6 months.

JamesHappy_1-1577729240683.png

Many thanks,

James

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from fibre although I am sooooo far from the green box!.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

Generally it seems OK.

Can hear a faint hiss/crackle in the background and had assumed that normal.

This is the master socket and the line is on VDSL (Fibre).

The Socket is the BT NTE 5C Mk 4.

I have the sheet on how to access the master socket, if I need to test it.

I have the SAGEM FAST 5364 router, with I assume the latest firmware.

Images enclosed.

master_socket.jpgrouter.jpg

Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

James

In the depths of Bedfordshire, working part time, playing golf, caring for my wife and organising the world around me! Liking the speed from fibre although I am sooooo far from the green box!.
OCE_Ady

Hi James, do you still have a filter for the router to connect the broadband to the test socket behind the faceplate? If you do please connect there and let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

Tested with face plate removed (i.e. test socket) and with face plate re-installed (i.e. as it was).

Almost no change, image from router using test socket, with supplied filter.

JamesHappy_0-1577889432382.png

Image from router using standard face plate 

JamesHappy_1-1577889633421.png

I feel it may need someone to reset my connection in the DSLAM/Green box.

After messing about trying to get the TV working I feel it got upset with me.

Many thanks,

James

OCE_Michelle

Hi James,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately we can't reset DLM as this would need to be completed by an engineer as part of their investigation. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment as it can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable?

Thanks

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hiya,

OK will put it back on the test socket/filter.

Only have one phone plugged into the circuit.

Will update thread next week.

Cheers,

James.

OCE_Chris
JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

After leaving it running with the test socket still had this.

Looking at the data from the last 30 days, looks like it wants to stay there and typically down at

chart.png

14 to 17Mbs. The 14 December was when I had issues with the TV channel.

JamesHappy_0-1578416562024.png

OCE_Michelle

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear that the speed hasn't increased. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

I have a TP-link unit I can swap to.

Will do that later.

OCE_Michelle
JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Just swapped over to TD-W9980.

Can you check your end if the speed has changed?

Perhaps replacement TT Router is needed?

JamesHappy_0-1578475647734.png
OCE_Chris

Hi James,

Your sync speed has increased to 23.2Mbps. We can send another router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Chris

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Thanks that would be great. TT support don't like non-TT routers.

OCE_Chris

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor
Thanks Chris.
Will test it out compared with the own TP-Link router.
I assume this is another Sagemcom 5364 unit.
OCE_Chris

OK thanks. Yes it's another wifi hub

Chris

JamesHappy
Super Duper Contributor

Hi,

New arrived, unpacked and plugged in. Speed dropped back down to 18Mbs from 20+Mbps.

I have enclosed a chart from speed tracking system.

Between 18 Dec and 7 Jan running TT FAST5364 modem unit.

This show the unit speed dropping down to 15Mbps/16Mbp and getting worse over time.

Other times running TP-Link unit.

Please check speed at your end.

Thanks,

James

JamesHappy_0-1578581400174.png

Unit version

JamesHappy_1-1578581449088.png

OCE_Michelle

Hi James,

Thanks for testing this. Would it be possible to keep the replacement router connected over the weekend so we can see if DLM increases the speed?

Thanks