Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed drop

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, 

i am having issues with my Fibre broadband, I was getting speed of 60mbps Down and 16mbps Up but all of a sudden around 2 weeks ago it became completely unusable and when I logged into the router the speeds has dropped to 3mbps down and 1mbps up, I switched it off at the wall and full speeds returned but only for a short time before it dropped again, the hub then started to reset itself constantly for the next couple of days, eventually it stopped and my speeds are now stable but I’m only getting speeds of 28mbps down and 13mbps up. I spoke to someone on live chat but they said those speeds should be enough which I think is wrong considering I was promised a minimum of 60mb down and 15 up when i signed up to the speed boost

Regards

Highlighted
Community Star

To prove if it is a line issue or not, please turn the router off for a full 30 minutes at least. Whilst that is powered off, remove the removable faceplate from the front of your master socket (if you have that design). Behind that is the test socket, please connect the router & any phones via a new or known good microfilter to this socket. Once the time is up for the router, power it back up, leave it for 10 minutes & recheck the speed & let me know what it is.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox

The speeds are even worse connected through the master socket a download speed on a wired pc returned 11mb download 5mb upload. I also noticed the maximum rates are significantly less on the master socket than on the extension socket I have been originally using. 

The hub has now lost connection and reset twice since I have reconnected it to the original socket 

Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi rass_r8

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault with the landline service and this can affect the BB connection.

Are you experiencing any noise on the line when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi

I only use the broadband service and unfortunately don’t have a landline phone to test, my speeds have increased a little now but still nowhere near what I should be receiving, I’m also having nearly daily issues with the WiFi from the hub which I now seem to have experienced with all the TalkTalk routers. Devices are constantly dropping connection on both 2ghz and 5ghz, I separated the 2 SSID names which seemed to make the devices drop connection more often and they would try to reconnect on the wrong one, I also changed the channels from the router settings menu but they just change back to the ones they were on before.

Will there be a charge if an engineer has to come out?

Regards
Highlighted

Hi rass_r8,

Sorry for the delay. One of the line tests is detecting a potential line issue so we'll need to raise this for a line investigation to be completed. Please can you add a mobile number to your Community Profile and we can raise this over for investigation for you, could you post back hear to let us know once you've added this. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Michelle 

I have added a mobile number to my account, the speeds still haven’t returned and all my devices are disconnecting constantly on 5Ghz and 2Ghz. Will an engineer be able to come out to have a look or will I be entitled to a refund as I’m paying for a service that I can’t use properly

Regards

Highlighted

Hi rass_r8,

I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed and this can take between 48-72hrs. If you don't hear anymore by Wednesday then please can you post back here and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you. I've also included a Help Article below for further information regarding our Compensation Policy.

About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hi

I received a text on the 23rd to say my issue should now be resolved but unfortunately I’m still encountering the same issues. All devices are still randomly being disconnected from the hub on both 2Ghz and 5Ghz this issue happened with the super router I had before and now the hub, my speeds have increased a little but still nowhere near the minimum of 60Mb I was promised and was receiving before, is it possible a DLM reset of my line will solve the speed issue

Regards
Highlighted

Hi rass_r8

Openreach left notes to advise that the engineer completed work at the cabinet to resolve this fault.

The line test is not detecting any faults and your line is currently in sync at 47.6mb. Connection also appears to be stable.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

The line was showing in sync at 47mb but speed tests and downloads were giving a maximum of 15-20 i am still waiting for an explanation as to why my speed has dropped so much from the 60mb I was receiving before.
The work openreach did on the cabinet has certainly not fixed my issues and For the last few days I am now experiencing a service that is completely unusable. I can’t even complete a simple speed test anymore, I have experienced this before at random times the internet will become completely unusable for a day or two but the Health check on my account and Agents on live chat can’t seem to find any faults when it is blatantly obvious there is one, I never had these issues when the line was with BT or Sky But with TalkTalk it’s just issue after issue

Highlighted

Hi rass_r8,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've run a few more tests on the line which are now clear, the previous test did show a possible line issue. Do you have an alternative router that you could connect at the test socket so we can see if DLM increases the sync speed again?

Thanks