Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed dropping yet again please fix

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi

i got a new New router Archer VR400 for about 3 months and speed has been stable for 2 of them

Now My speed is dropping same as before i had a new bt socket fitted by open reach and fixed corroded wires open reach engineer said if it does not fix it he would have to try a different fix

New router speed 1.PNGNew router speed 2.PNGNew router speed 3.PNG21mbps.PNG4k fail.PNG

When i got my new router my sync speed went to 27439 kbps with a speed test of 25mbps

Then sync speed 25864kbps with a speed test of 23mbps

And now sync speed 22399kbps with a speed test of 21mbps

4k youtube videos at 60fps are constantly buffering yet again

And what makes me more mad i am on the 38mbps package and paying the same amount
as the people who get close to the full speed of 38mbps when i am only getting 21mbps
this is not right

what will be done about this

thank you

I am a lot happier when I don't have to deal with TalkTalk customer services on the phone
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi

just done a reboot

max rate gone up to 33925kbps

reboot.PNG

but current speed still the same 22399kbps

thank you

I am a lot happier when I don't have to deal with TalkTalk customer services on the phone
Highlighted
Philosopher
Your downstream SNR Margin appears very different in each set of statistics.

Are you manipulating it with the modem software ?

The normal target is 6dB

As for the amount you are paying, it's the same for all of us on this service .

Your speed depends on the length of the copper line from your home to the fibre cabinet, some will get the maximum and some much less than you.
Martin
Highlighted
Enlightened One

The SNR keeps dropping on its self my modem cannot manipulate the snr

screenshot this morning

New router speed 4.PNG

my speed has dropped 3 times since it was fix by openreach this is a ongoing problem for years

my dl was 33mbps when i first got fiber and i know how length of the copper line 

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Why does my SNR on download keep dropping? it goes up after a reboot then keeps dropping to about 1 then the line drops then my speed drops after the line comes back up

thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Not-Happy

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 22.4mb.

Is your router connected at the test socket? Do you also experience the drop in speed if you connect wired?

How often do you reboot the router as this can affect the sync speed?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

its been fine for months after openreach fix it

No i have only rebooted my router twice after my speed dropped to 21mbps on speed test
the first time i turned it off about 1 hour last week then rebooted my router via the reboot button days after

the dsl has droped 3 times in just over a month and my speed has dropped 3 times too as shows by the screen shots in first post

i also appear to be getting lots of errors

New router speed 5.PNG

I don't have it plugged in to test socket. The socked is a new one installed by openreach about 7 months ago to fix the corroded wires its a master socket C5 it has no screws on it does it even have a test socket

i always do speed tests with a wired connection

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

Does your master socket have 2 clips on either side of the socket so the face plate can be removed?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

Thank you yes the master socket does have 2 clips on either side you push in silly me

So i have plugged it into the test socket this morning

before test socket

before test socket.PNG

after test socket

after test socket.PNG

the dl speed is the same

and still lots of errors.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket for 48hrs whilst DLM is monitoring the connection in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

Yes i can leave router at the test socket for 48hrs
will post back after.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

Thank you, we can then check the sync speed again to see if DLM has made any changes.

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

NOT HAPPY NOW FIX MY SPEEDS LATER

JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FROM 0188054444 SOUNDED LIKE FROM INDIA

SAYING MY ROUTER IS SENDING ERRORS AND WARNINGS

He had my name account number and my postcode all correct the just proves that something

dogey is going on with sh#t talk

then i was called stupid i don't know anything

WHY IS THIS ??????????

this best get looked in to

THIS IS EVERY TIME I REPORT A PROBLEM CALLS FROM SCAMMERS

WHY ??????

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you reported this call using Check and Report

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed with a complaints manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

sorry for the anger it is not at you or any staff here you all do a good job.

Will the complaints manager be a call from the (scum) call centre in India if so NO
how will i know it's from Talktalk the amount of SCAM calls i have had from so called TT is unreal all from India ?

I live in the uk i should not have to deal with overseas call centrers i can not understand and get flobed off with BS that is read from a script😡

Reporting to ofcom my be a better option ?

THESE CALL CENTERS IN INDIA THAT TALKTALK ARE USING ARE 100% SELLING CUSTOMER DATA😠😠😡😡

There is no other way they have all my details
This has happen more than 3 times now after reporting a problem 1st time could be a coincidence not the 2nd & 3rd and this is the first time they have all my details.

OR TT HAS BEEN HACKED AGAIN HAS IT ?

HOW DOES HE HAVE ALL MY DETAILS ? I WANT ANSWERS ?

And my dl speed is no better will post screen shot later

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

As OCE_Debbie mentioned, could you report the number through Check and Report. Please also see our CallSafe feature, this screens every call to your phone and helps stop unwanted callers reaching you.

We can raise the complaint to our CEO's Office. If you'd like us to arrange this please let us know 

Chris

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Chris

You say

As OCE_Debbie mentioned, could you report the number through Check and Report.
I HAVE DONE THIS IT'S THE FIRST THING I DID

Please also see our CallSafe feature, this screens every call to your phone and helps stop unwanted callers reaching you.
STOPPING THE CALLS IS ONE THING BUT WHEN THEY HAVE ALL MY INFO FROM SOMEWHERE THAT'S A ISSUE TO ME AND THIS DOES NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION HOW THEY HAVE ALL MY DETAILS ?
THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM TO ME AND I AM SURE IT WOULD BE A PROBLEM TO YOU ALSO AND ANYONE ELSE

We can raise the complaint to our CEO's Office. If you'd like us to arrange this please let us know
AGAIN MY QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED HOW WILL I KNOW ITS A CALL FROM TT I DON'T TRUST ANY CALL NOW FROM INDIA AND MORE THAN LIKELY THE CALL WILL BE FROM SCAM COUNTRY

AND I WILL SAY AGAIN THESE CALL CENTERS IN INDIA THAT TALKTALK ARE USING ARE 100% SELLING CUSTOMER DATA

PLEASE ANSWER THE ASKED QUESTIONS?
NOT AVOID THEM

I AM NOT HAPPY

THANK YOU

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

If we escalate this over to our CEO's Office then I can ask the Complaints Manager to contact you by email first if you would prefer?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

Yes i would prefer this that would be better as i don't know who is tt or not on the phone
that much scam calls

Can i now get back to my speed issue please?

Thank You

Highlighted

Could you PM me with the email address that you would like our Complaint Manager to contact you on, and we'll arrange this for you (please don't post this on the open forum)

Thanks
Chris