Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed dropping yet again please fix

Highlighted
Enlightened One

email sent

thank you

I am a lot happier when I don't have to deal with TalkTalk customer services on the phone
Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi

Now my speed issue the sync has not improved

screen shot today

4.8.PNG

the max rate from
32054kbps to 26769kbps

and the snr from 8.3 to 4.8 its been well over 48 hours and DLM has done nothing 7 days

the snr will keep dropping then my speed will drop again
that's what happens the snr goes to about 1 then the dsl drops then comes back up
with a slower dl speed

there has to be a line issue the noise margin should not keep dropping

Thank you

I am a lot happier when I don't have to deal with TalkTalk customer services on the phone
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Not-Happy,

I've raised a complaint on your behalf to our CEO's Office, one of our Complaint Managers will be in contact within 5 working days to discuss your complaint - I've asked them to contact you by email as requested - I'll now take a look at your speed issue and get back to you

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

Line test is passing and sync speed is currently 22.4Mbps, connection appears stable - are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi chris

The snr is still slowly dropping and then my speed will drop again just like all the other times

4.6.PNG

the snr has gone from 8.3 to 4.6 and it will keep falling then the line resets and speed drops

also the max rate keeps falling and errors go up

the phone yes sometimes there is like a hiss and crackle

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

Noise on the line can affect the broadband connection.

How often is this noise present?

Is this noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

The line sounds clear today don't check often as i don't use house phone much
but there was noise yesterday. so unplugging the router i dont think would tell me much
and doing so means no internet that i pay for

no not tried with router unplugged yet but the speed drop is a constant problem has you can see from all the openreach call outs i have had over the years and one of them i had no internet or phone for nearly 1 month i got no compensation for this and a +£10 cost on my mobile calling tt for a fix before 0800 were free on mobile
that never gets addressed when stated was about 4 years ago

what does one do?

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, have you ever tested with a different router? I've re-read through your thread, however I couldn't see if this has been mentioned?

Thanks

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Michelle

yes but not since i got my new router i was sent a HG633 piece of junk that made it worse and openreach was sent out and said that router has a crap through put

and fixed corroded wires i sent the HG633 back to tt i still have my DSL-3782 that was replaced with a tplink Archer VR400 by me

DSL drop yet again after dl large files from thinkbordband loads or errors

failed.PNGslog 1.PNGslog 2.PNG

Not happy

Thank you

Highlighted
Enlightened One

drop again.PNG

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi

Will try the DSL-3782 later today or tomorrow when i feel better

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

Ok thanks for the update and I hope you feel better soon 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Michelle thank you

I have just swapped out my router this morning with the DSL-3782 Talktalk router
i left it off about 5 hours thought plugging in and out different routers quick may affect DLM

D-Link.PNG

the errors on FEC and UAS is going up very fast only been on 10 minutes
So see what happens i will give it time post back Monday

Thank You

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

Thanks for the update and we can re-check the connection stats again on Monday.

Thanks

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Michelle

The speed has not changed lots of errors no doubt my speed will drop again soon
just like all the other times always by 2mbps at a time

screen shot now

Errors.PNG

screen shot from 2018 when it was fixed by openreach2018 When it was fixed.PNG

When i got my new tp-link router the speed went up from 24-- to 27-- then started doping again after about 1 month down to 22-- link speed

why does it keep dropping no matter what router i use when i first got fiber about 5 years ago my speed was 32mbps when it got installed right AND NOT BY KELLY COMMUTATIONS TT SENT OUT and now i get 21mbps this is not right i have been a tt customer since 2001

wish they was virgin where i live

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy,

I'm sorry to hear that the speed hasn't increased. Could you confirm if the line is still clear of any noise and we can ask our Network Team to take a look at the speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Michelle

The line sounds clear now checked many times it only was noisy once may have been the other end but i don't use the house much
its too expensive compared to my 3p per minute mobile TT house phone is a 100% rip off and a scam proof of this 39p for 4 seconds what a joke.

ripoff.PNG

The errors are still increasing a lot

errors2.PNG

hope it gets fix soon no doubt the speed will drop again just like all the other times

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

I've passed this fault over to our Network Team for investigation and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Not-Happy

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Hi Debbie

I sent you a PM will i be notified when its booked and what are the Engineers charges for

And the dsl dropped again on Friday and the sync went to 27015kbps but my dl speed is
still 21mbps it starts at 23mbps then goes to 21mbps in 2 seconds tried rebooting the router no change just sync droped to 26537kbps loads of errors

reset.PNG

tt speedtest.PNG

screenshot today

today.PNG

still 21mbps dl with loads of errors

Thank you