Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed dropping.

8 REPLIES 8
wolfen
Super Duper Contributor

Since 25/03/19 there has been a steady decline in my download speeds, router has been reset, and on several occasions powered down then left for 2-3 days to see if there is any improvement.
On Sunday 07/04/19 internet went off completely sometime between 1300 and 1630 again powered down for 30 mins. Router and corded phone are now plugged into test socket via micro-filter.
Phone line appears to be clear, no buzzing or crackling. Router in use is a HG635.
From getting a reasonably stable 25-28Mb download I am now only getting 20-22Mb could someone please look into this for me.
Many thanks.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive anyway.
KeithFrench
Community Star

Are these speed tests, or the downstream line rate from the router? How do you connect to the router, wireless, wired or a mixture of the two, if the latter is wired better than wireless? Please can you get the DSL stats from your router & include them in your reply?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

wolfen
Super Duper Contributor
Speeds are from router, Samknows white box, and speed tests.

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
None
DSL up-time:

Hope this is what you require,
Regards, Al.
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi wolfen,

It appears that your speed has dropped because DLM has moved you to a slower profile. How long has your router been connected to the test socket?

Thanks
Chris

wolfen
Super Duper Contributor

Been in the test socket for 18hrs now, looking at SamKnows it apears to be at least two changes by DLM in the last ten days or so. Hasn't been any changes 'in house', so don't really understand why it's gone a bit pear shaped recently.  

Community Team

OK thanks. If you could leave it connected to the test socket for at least 48 hours that will give DLM chance to respond to any improvement in stability and/or error count.

Thanks
Chris

wolfen
Super Duper Contributor

Ok, DLM has now reset,

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
None
DSL up-time:
0 days 8 hours 33 minutes 35 seconds

So, I may have a dodgy faceplate, or whatever else was causing the drop in speed has now been resolved.....................maybe 😕

Community Team

Hi wolfen,

Thanks for keeping us updated and please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks