Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speed reduced again

13 REPLIES
Highlighted
jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor

Hello

Please could someone take a look at my connection?

I'm currently synced at 20Mbps with an attainable of 48Mbps. It seems over time it reduces, then flicks back to around 40, then down slowly again over the weeks.

Cheers

Jamie

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @jamieburchell

I will escalate this now for you to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will investigate it for you.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi jamieburchell,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault.

Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line? A voice fault can affect the broadband connection so we'll need to raise this first if the voice service is experiencing a fault.

Thanks

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor

Hello

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't often use the phone, but I made a call recently and it was OK. Just tried 123 and didn't notice anything.

Cheers

Jamie

Community Team

Hi jamieburchell,

Thanks for confirming this. If the voice service is ok then we can focus on the broadband speed.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Once we've confirmed this then we can pass the drop in speed over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor

It's one of these https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BT_NTE_FIBRE.jpg

I get the same sync speed connecting the original TT router

Community Team

Hi jamieburchell,

I've raised this to our network team for further investigation. If you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread and we'll check for updates

Chris

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
Not heard anything, assumed due to the Christmas period
Community Team

Hi Jamieburchell,

I'm chasing this up for you, if you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow.

Thanks
Chris

Community Team

Hi Jamie,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you PM (Personal Message) me with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • What package do you have with TalkTalk

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Chris

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor
bump
Community Team

Hi Jamie,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information

Thanks

Chris

jamieburchell
Super Duper Contributor

TT phoned me, engineer came and reset the line. Found no fault. Synced at 41Mbps. He said it was likely a fault on the line at some point, perhaps affecting others, and it knocked mine out/it didn't recover (shrug)

Until next time!

Community Team

Hi jamieburchell,

Ok thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speeds has improved.

Thanks