cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Speeds not as advertised

Highlighted
Participant

Wednesday is the only day that i won’t be home this week. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit. Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Private Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the PM. Have you tried separating the SSID's on the router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Hi Michelle, that’s something I haven’t tried. I will do some internet searches and see how I get on.
Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Ok, please let us know if you need any assistance. I've also included a Help Article below,

Split your router's SSID (wireless network name)

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Evening, I had a txt and an email earlier suggesting to make an openreach appointment. Is this actually necessary? I had an openreach engineer round yesterday and he said there was no issues showing up to the phone point. 

Highlighted
Participant

Just had the following text now 

TalkTalk Update: We've sent an engineer to fix a problem with your line and we're now monitoring it. Your connection might take a few days to adjust. If you find that you are having any further issues after 2 days please go to your online service centre https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/ where you can live chat to our support team.

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Can I just confirm, are the wired speeds still ok and is it only the wireless speeds which are still slow?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

I’m going to wire something up shortly and I shall let you know. 

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

Ok thank you. If the wired speed are ok then we can offer more assistance with the wireless.

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Just to update this is what I currently have using wired connection. 

Highlighted

Hi Chris,

DLM has moved you to a slower profile probably due to instability. Are you currently experiencing any problems with your telephone service?

Chris