cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Starting to get really fed up, can i have some help please regarding fibre and speed boost

5 REPLIES 5
beany2009
Visitor

Hi there im hoping to speak with a direct talk talk rep

We have had fibre now for maybe a little over a month at first the speeds were ok about 37 down and 7 up 

with my grandson wanting to stream his gaming we talked with a manager and got the boost at discounted price of 2.50 a month extra, so we went ahead and upgraded to fibre boost but then infact our speeds went down ?????

we have had a new router sent out 

yesterday we had an engineer here from talk talk to put in a new socket and when she was doing all the checks it shown to her that even tho we have the fibre boost she shown me that infact its not even activated, she logged all this on our account and well ive tried to get through to someone about this and they say its showing on the account so nothing can be done

surely it may be showing on the account yes but not physically activated am I right? I doubt the engineer would show me something that wasn't true as I saw that it was not activated myself

anyway I want someone if they can to look into this for us we have been going round in circles for over a month now and tbh im looking to close the account as we are not getting what we are supposed to be

best regards

any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @beany2009 welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. The team here work office hours.

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
beany2009
Visitor

Thanks for flagging it and I will await a reply 

Community Team

Hi beany2009

I'm really sorry to hear this.

It appears that another engineer visit has been arranged to investigate this fault. Did you arrange this visit with our Faults Team?

Thanks

Debbie

beany2009
Visitor

ive had open reach here today he changed a wire but can see my profile is on 40-10 he said and that tells me still that the speed boost isn't active

can you look into this please 

regards

Community Team

Hi beany2009,

It is showing on our systems that the speed boost has been applied. I've run a line test today but it's not showing what profile you are currently on, however a line test that was run on the 12th shows that you are on a 80Mbps profile and have been since the 31st Dec

Could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if the speed has improved 

Thanks

Chris