Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Static IP unreachable after 24/48 hrs

12 REPLIES 12
Grant
Conversation Starter

Hi, I have been using a Raspberry Pi 3 B with the WiFi hub for around 6 months without any issues. Within the last couple of weeks, the Pi has become unreachable on the network every so often.

• I have 192.168.1.3 statically configured on the Pi and also reserved on the router. The pi is connected via cable.
  • I can communicate with the Pi via http, samba, ssh, ping, etc...
  • After around 24 hours, I cannot even get a response from ping.
  • Power cycling the Pi has no effect.
  • Unplugging and re-plugging the RJ45 cable to the pi has no effect, although sometimes seems to 'disconnect' and reconnect the WAN, which I found surprising. Ie: the led is red and then eventually turns white.
  • The only temporary solution is to power cycle the router.

Was there a firmware update in the last couple of weeks that could have caused this?

I can see that my router is running SG4K10002808t, but I can't see a timestamp for it.

It is worth noting that I have other static IP devices on the network which aren't having any issues. Although, it seems strange that the only way to bring the pi back online is to reboot the router.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Grant

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Grant,

I'll look into this for you and will let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

OCE_Michelle

Hi Grant,

Sorry for the delay. I've made a change, could you monitor the connection and let us know if there is any improvement please. How often is this currently happening at the moment?

Thanks

Grant
Conversation Starter
Thanks Michelle,

The Pi was unreachable this morning, so it is roughly every 24 hours.
I saw the router reboot this morning at 08:10, which I assume was you making this change. After starting back up, the pi was reachable again.
I will monitor it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks.
OCE_Michelle

Hi Grant,

Great, thank you 🙂

Thanks

Grant
Conversation Starter

This morning the pi was unreachable again. The Philips Hue was also unreachable.

Last night I noticed that the reserved IP addresses had been wiped from the router. Both the Pi and Hue have the IPs set on the device and were working, so I just added the Broadlink back in.

IPs for reference:

192.168.1.3 - Pi (Wired) - Unreachable

192.168.1.5 - Philips Hue (Wired) - Unreachable

192.168.1.52 - Broadlink RM (Wireless) - Reachable

192.168.1.13 - Laptop (Wireless)

Please see screenshots of the router interface and ping tests.

So I have rebooted the router and all back online. Now I have also added the hue and pi back to the reserved IP table. Not sure if this will make a difference.

Devices were still visible in the router interfaceDevices were still visible in the router interfacePing test shows host unreachablePing test shows host unreachableReserved IPsReserved IPs

New Reserved IPsNew Reserved IPs

OCE_Michelle

Hi Grant,

Thanks for retesting this and I'm sorry to hear this. As the line test is still clear would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Grant
Conversation Starter

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to send another router to test that out.

Thanks,

OCE_Debbie

Hi Grant

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Grant
Conversation Starter

The replacement router has been perfectly stable for three days now and I am able to reach the hue and pi without any issues.

However the firmware is quite old on SG4K10001400t. Is there a way to update this?

OCE_Debbie

Hi Grant

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

I have updated your router firmware to the latest version 2808t.

Thanks

Debbie

Grant
Conversation Starter

Thanks @OCE_Debbie & @OCE_Michelle,

The replacement router has continued to work great on the latest firmware, so I no longer have an issue with the network.

😁

OCE_Debbie

Hi Grant

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie