Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Still no service 12 days after upgrade

10 REPLIES 10
Gedrog
Team Player

It has been 12 days since I have been moved from TalkTalks normal broadband to Faster Fibre and as yet have to see the white light come on. Several cases later, a second visit by Openreach and a second router shipped to my home, I finally got given a case refrence REP-4933544

36 hours later I contact them again and ask how is REP-4933544 doing someone will call me.

at 8:36, Feb 14:

Your case is currently with Service Management Centre Case Managementyour follow up date is 15/02/2019 between 10:00-12:00, is there anything else I can assist you with George?

Re: I will be moving on 14/02/2019 10:26
Hi Gedrog
I've contacted our Network Team again for an update and they have advised that further updates should be available within the next 48hrs.
Thanks
Debbie

Then I got told by someone on their facebook chat 

I have checked the notes on the system regarding this and the Fault is assigned to Fault Management Case Management center and they are currently working on this a call back have been booked for the 20th of February 2019 12:00-14:00 you will receive a call from this department on this date so you can get updates.

Well guess what up till now no one has called me 

Day12.jpgDay 12 and still no access 

I want what I am paying for
Gedrog
Team Player

Just shows how unreliable TalkTalk’s commitment to customer service is, you can’t trust anything TalkTalk Support is saying.

Miguelgabriel

at 18:37, Feb 20:

Thank you, I have checked that there is still no updates from our managers and a follow up call back was set on 22nd of February between 10:00 - 12:00

at 18:41, Feb 20:

I have successfully updated your complaint and your reference number is: 1-000005-895662-0

Miguelgabriel

at 18:41, Feb 20:

I can give you the confidence that one of our manager will be calling you within 24 to 72 hours to handle and resolve this case.

So is he going to call me tomorrow or the 22nd or 23rd this is extremely confusing and ambiguous

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, our network team are keeping an eye on this and checking for updates, If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again.

Chris

Gedrog
Team Player

Although the apology I am sure is meant in good intentions, the only apology that will have any meaning is the one that comes after my service have been restored.

🙂 "our network team are keeping an eye on this and checking for updates" staring at it is not going to fix it 

Need I say more, I have made peace with the fact that this service is never going to work

1.) Don't tell TalkTalk that you can’t afford downtime, you are f***** 

2.) Don't contact their help desk or any form of social media until 24 hours after the date they promised they will contact you, (For whatever their promise is worth) they will close your existing ticket and reopen a new ticket and promise you another 24/48/72 hours, I gave up after the second promise.

3.) Do they actually have engineers, no they would rather escalate it to a Fault Management Case Management centre, OMG now you are up ----- creek. 

4.) Don’t get technical don’t talk about PPPOE or DHCP, you might just face a grievance procedure, because you used profanity!!

Day 13 and still no service 

Day 13.jpg

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I'm chasing this up with our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I've received an update from our network team saying they are again chasing this up and should have an update in 72 hours. Can you bump the thread on Monday and we'll check again. I know that you're sick of hearing apologies but I can only offer my apologies again for how long this is taking to resolve. 

Chris

Gedrog
Team Player

Well it has been 14 days no service, and guess what, no one called today either, and now you say I have to wait another 72 hours, just shows how bad the service is here.

Miguelgabriel

at 18:37, Feb 20:

Thank you, I have checked that there is still no updates from our managers and a follow up call back was set on 22nd of February between 10:00 - 12:00

Which tells me I made the right decision cancelling the service with you however you are contractually obligated to supply me service till the 15th of March and you are stuck with me.

I oredered a new line and business service through BT, but I was hoping that I could cancel the order with BT and resume my service here as I had very little to complain about the service till I upgraded, but I realised I am just wasting my time. I have 5 days left where I can cancel with them after that I am sticking with BT two weeks to delivery.

All you, TalkTalk have to do is look at your network configuration resolve it, and the service will be up but you dont seem to have the capability to do that, so I will just keep asking where is my service till the very last day 

Day14.jpg

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I've not received an update yet but I've checked our systems and there does appear to have been a change made - could you let me know if your service now working?

Chris

Community Team

Hi Gedrog,

I've just received an update from our Network Team to advise that they now believe the fault to be resolved. Is everything now working ok?

Thanks

Gedrog
Team Player

Finally someone calls me, 21 days after I was moved from Talk Talk standard broadband to Fibre broadband, several chats and posts and god knows what else with little to no affect,  the service remained down, for 17 days, I guess she could feel the north wind blowing as I have lost all interest resigned to the fact that TALK Talk will be incompetent to fix the issue.

So a last update from me 

1.) Don't think that your loyalty to this companies service will be respected.

2.) This company has the worst technical support 

3.) Have no respect for their customers 

4.) Forget about asking them to ensure that you have minimal downtime they will cause you downtime to the effect that it will cost you money as the concept of being urgent does not exist 

5.) Posting on here or their Facebook site is just a waste of time

And today I could not give a s@#t BT installed their service 

20 min after engineer left they called me to see if I am up and running plugged my router in configured it as per the Vigor support site and hey presto service.

Now that is service no aimless chats on a website no hassles just immediate service

I will be spending the weekend migrating my network to the new provider.

I will be raising a complaint as I want the cost of my Mobile broadband costs back

Community Team

Hi Gedrog

Really sorry that you are unhappy. Our complaints process is here

hope you get the resolution you want.