Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Strange offer to upgrade to what I already have

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

If I log into my account I am invited to upgrade to faster fibre for the same price that I am already paying. I already have faster fibre though. If I attempt to accept this offer it says that as I am in contract I'll have to pay an amendment fee, but it doesn't say what that is. There is no option to upgrade to superfast fibre. My current download/upload speeds are about 37Mbit/s and 9Mbit/s. The modem connects at something like 40047kbit/s and 9999ish kbit/s. Does the system not know what I have?

Highlighted
Chat Champion

Same with me I I think I should be getting 76 mbps download sync but it’s at 40 mbs it’s like the system hasn’t changed it to Superfast boost or something 

AYTbit Studios
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @markcoley

The fee to change your package midway through your contract is £30 

In order to connect at a faster speed you will need to request the Fibre Speed boost which is charged at £5 extra. 

Regards

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Why would it be inviting me to change my package for the same package that I am already on and at the same price? I could understand it if it was suggesting a better/faster/cheaper package, but to offer the same as if it is an upgrade seems odd.

Highlighted

Basically our new offers which state upto 67mbps include the speed boost for free. 

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

The offer presented to me makes no mention of that. There's also no way (I can find) of adding the speed boost anywhere else either. Can I suggest someone changes the wording to make it clear what exactly is being offered?

Highlighted

The speed boost cant be added via My Account,  this has to be done by calling or via Live chat.