Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sudden drop in fibre download speed

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Has anybody else seen a sudden drop in download speed. For months I have been measuring download speed around 32 mbs and upload around 6mbs. Today I had great trouble downloading a movie to our skybox. When it finally struggled to the end I made sure only my PC was talking to the internet and measured download speed from 8 to 12 mbs. It still shows the same ping of 9ms and upload still around 6mbs. The router has been connected for 34 days and it would have been over 80 days but we had  one local power cut forcing a reconnection 34 days ago. Router shows download connectio speed is 36mbs

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I may have answered my own question! I rebooted the router and it reconnected showing it connected at slightly slower download speed of 35.5 mbps but my measured download speed is back to 32 mbps and upload 6.5 mbps. I suppose it could be total coincidence and an external problem was fixed just as I did my reboot. OR it could be that  such a slight reduction in connection speed is critical. Aint technology woderful!

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

Glad speeds have returned to normal levels.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE