would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super Slow speeds

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I pay for the faster fibre 76mb/s package and I've never got close to them speeds, I've always had this problem. This is the second time I've joined TalkTalk and my speeds are around 13mb/s download and 10mb/s upload. You've sent me engineers and new routers in the past but it's never been fixed,TalkTalk speed test says my line speed is 52mb/s. But other speedtest sites that are more reliable always put it around my previous stated numbers above, plus when I download on my computer or game console which are both hard wired the download speed never goes past 5mb/s. So I know something is wrong but no-one can seem to tell me what, I just want a solution to this problem I've had for years.

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Mr Coleman, hen you were away from Talktalk what speeds did you see? And if you care to mention who was the ISP?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Can you add the home phone number to your Community Profile rather than the mobile so I can locate your account details.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I was with Sky for about a month but similar issues. But no-one can tell me what the problem is, they/we have tried literally everything.

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Ok I updated it.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Can you check the phone number, the number you have given is for a disconnected account.

If unsure dial 17070 from the home phone and this will read out the correct number.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Ok I updated to the new number, that was my old number with you guys.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

All tests are clear and no issues visible.  I've pulled the DLM logs for the last 24hrs and only a couple of error seconds showing, so nothing stands out. 

The sync speed is lower that expected. Do you have a Test Socket and if so can you test at this to see if the sync rate increases.

Do you have access to another router for testing ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I've done everything you've said 1000 times at this point, I've been sent countless routers, I've tested in different sockets. Engineers have come and tested the line speed in the house and outside which all say my speeds are good. But as soon as anything is connected the speeds are nowhere near the speeds you or them are telling me. Something is wrong, is there anything way I can get a new socket/phone line installed to see if thats the problem.

Highlighted
Divsec
Community Star

Hi Mr Coleman, quick question, please don't get annoyed, your router and the games machinea Ethernet connected, are they in the same room? For your WiFi connections I guess you split those aeons ago, which is best 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

In regards to the master socket, do you have a test socket?

Have you had a TalkTalk engineer visit or an Openreach visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I'm not sure tbh, I've got the master socket. Which has been replaced by your engineers in the past, I'm gonna post the link from my previous conversation with you guys a couple years ago.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Slow-Speeds/m-p/1912326#M980254

Since that visit speeds did improve but only to my current ones, even when I was with sky they stayed the same. I also had an engineer from sky, I've probably had 3 or 4 engineers at this point.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Thanks for your reply. I've checked your old thread and this was an Openreach engineer visit.

Would it be possible to post a photo of your master socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Yes I can post one when I get home.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Thank you, we can then check if this has a test socket.

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Here's the pic

Snapchat-1449431642.jpg

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Thank you 🙂

This socket will have a test socket under the lower section of the face plate. Would it be possible to connect the phone, router and filter at the test socket?

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

When you say filter do you mean a micro filter? I'm pretty sure I've still got one, but anyway yes I should be able to do that once I'm home.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Thank you. If you can't find a microfilter then please let me know and I will send you one.

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I've plugged the filter in, but I don't believe I have a test socket.

20190816_143221.jpg