That is the test socket you have it plugged into.  🙂

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Ok well that made it slower.

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I did a speedtest (over wifi) right next to my router and I got these numbers.

Screenshot_20190816-145712_Speedtest.jpg

I would be happy with them type of speeds, but when I tested the speeds by downloading something. The speeds once again were like 5-7 mbps.

Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Are you sure you are not mixing up your bits with your bytes? Connection speed is measured in Mbps, download volume in MB. There are 8 bits per byte so a file download at 5-7 megabytes per second would roughly equate to a speed of 40-56 megabits per second.

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

The package I bought advertised between 67-73 Mb, so are you telling me if they advertised 67Mbps it would be better? Either way I'm still not getting the speeds I was guaranteed.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman

Is the router still connected at the test socket?

I've checked the connection stats and your line is showing in sync at 51.5mb. If the router has been at the test socket for 48hrs then I can pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

No I took it out straight away cause the speeds were even slower, I'll put it in again I guess.

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

Ok it's in the test socket again.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman,

Your current sync speed is 55Mbps, what are your throughput speeds like (speed test results)?

Chris

Highlighted
MrColeman
Team Player

I'm getting a 38 download and a 16 upload. Which with the plan I'm on should be able to support streaming/downloading from multiple devices. But as soon 2 for example start watching or downloading, speeds drop and start video starts freezing or going in lower quality. Plus like I said my download has never been over 6mbps when downloading anything. Takes me a few hours to download a 20gb file for example.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi MrColeman,

Could I just confirm, are these devices connected wired or wireless when the throughput speed drops? As the throughput speed is also a bit lower than the sync speed, could you trying switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run the speed test again please.

Thanks