Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super fast fiber

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Team Player

I have been with the super fast fiber for about three months now, but have found very little difference to my service, in fact at times it is slower than the regular broadband.

Is this normal or have I got a problem.

Regards

BigJimB

Big Jim B
Highlighted
Community Star

TT support staff only work Monday to Friday

They will therefore pick up your ticket on Monday

Question .  What is your speed that the router displays as connecting to network

Also i suggest that you power down the router for 35 mins.  Power it back on and then do not touch it for at least 48 hours to give the BT DLM system time to adjust the speeds.

Highlighted
Team Player

I have powered down my router for over 35 minutes and checked my speed at the dashboard and it shows a download speed of 72.8 mbps, which of course is very good.

Does this mean that everytime I get a slow response, I should power down the router, as at times it has been very slow.

Big Jim B
Highlighted
Community Star

No

Don't reset router unless you really have to. Worth asking before you do.

There may have been issues at the BT exchange that caused too many errors and therefore BT DLM monitor software kept dropping your speed.

The power reset has caused the DLM software to create a new profile for your line.

You should now be ok.  Worth keeping an eye on things for the next few days to make sure your happy with things.

Example .  My own home system has been up without issue for over 40 days

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

The router is in sync at 72mb and the DLM profile is set correctly at 80mb.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Team Player

Many thanks for your help.

Big Jim B