Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Super fast fibre not activated H

ANSWERED
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Repeat Guest

I upgraded from faster fibre to super fast fibre a week ago by clicking on the offer online but my speed has not changed from 38mbps ?? The speed boost is not working, It is not showing in my account it still says faster fibre, Is there a problem? Please can a helpful person at Talktalk sort this out for me, my number is REMOVED

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Have you tried switching your router off for a minimum of 30 minutes to see if a refreshed session makes any difference ?

However, if your line max'ed out at 38 Mbps before then the speed boost is unlikely to make any difference. If your line is not capable of achieving 40 Mbps then there is little point in paying for the boost (as it buys you nothing).

If you look in your router stats there is an indication of the max. speed your line is acually capable of achieving.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
My line is capable of 70 mbps
Highlighted
Problem Solver

Have you tried the 30 minute power cycle ?

If that hasn't worked you need to make sure that your community personal details are up to date and then hang on for an OCE to pick up this thread for action, which unfortunately will take longer than usual under the current circumstances.

EDIT - if still possible, it may be best to remove your phone number from post #1 - these are open forums so best not to publicise peronal information. You can list that in your community profile, which only yourself and the forum sttaff have access to.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Hi Thanks for all the help. I have tried this but think as its not mentioned anywhere that I have a speed boost in the account page that it has been left off, also thanks for telling me about the phone number but there is no way I can find how to remove it, Any advice ?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

What should be possible. On your post there are 3 dots over on the top right of your post. If you click on those dots the top option should be "edit post".

Unfortunately there seems to be a time limit within which it is possible for "ordinary" members to do the editing. An OCE or CS can do the editing for you - so you may have to wait for this thread to be picked up.

Highlighted
Repeat Guest
Hi thanks again the dot dont have a edit for me, think I will have to wait 🙂
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Smicks,

I'm sorry for the delay. Does it give you the option to add this in your My Account?

Thanks

Highlighted
Repeat Guest

Thanks for the help No there is no facility for this.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi

Just had a look at your account.  The estimated speed for your line is 40mb, so a speed boost would not be available for your line / service.   You will not have the option to upgrade to this in my account or via customer services etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES