Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Superfast Fibre boost

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, wonder if anyone can help here, ive been going round in circles with the chat support & i have tried to call tech support but when i get to the right option on the phone i get disconnected. I renewed my contract last week to superfast from normal speed fibre and it was supposed to be activated. So there has been absolutaley nochange, ive had the superfast boost before and i immediately went up to 68Mbps yet this time no change has happened, i know its not been upgraded as i can see the stats on the router & all my speed tests are same as before on the 40Mbps service, i get a rock solid 38Mbps. The tech ppl on the chat just keep making me do the same tests at home but i can see its not been upgraded from the exchange, the superfast service gives an upload of 20Mbps, Im still on 10Mbps which clearly shows it hasnt been upgraded but yet the tech ppl on the chat dont seem to understand this, i know it can go faster as ive had the boost before. Please Help, thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Juliande 

It's possible that the switch to Superfast hasn't happened due to a technical glitch. But also that the router is holding onto the former connection speed.

Just power off the router for 30 minutes and that will ensure you get a new fibre connection session started when you repower and the router negotiates with the DSLAM equipment in the street cabinet. 

This topic is escalated to the TalkTalk Community Support team so they'll take a look for you behind the scenes.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Thank you but i have tried that several times

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Juliande

Apologies for this.

If you log into My Account does the fibre speed boost show active there?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Thank you for the reply, just checked the account and it does say im on the faster fibre, i did get an email last week stating my order & and faster fibre with fibre speed boost

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Yes the speed boost is active, it does seem to me that it has not been activated as i have had it before and it was faster

Highlighted

Hi Juliande,

There appears to have been a problem with the way the speed boost has been applied, I've hopefully resolved this now so you should see the speed boost take effect within 24 hours 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris

Thanks so much, not active yet but keeping my fingers crossed.

Think the people / bots on the chat could do with some training from you guys

Kind regards

Highlighted

No Problem, if your speed hasn't increased yet, please try switching your router off for 30 minutes then retest 

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Ok there has been a change, it seems to have been activated, i can see as the upload rate has doubled but for some strange reason no increase in speed, dowloads are same as on the $0Mbps connection, no increase, i have had the boost before as it went to 68Mbps, i should get faster as im near the cabinet & cabinet is not far from the exchange, Im getting 36-37 Mbps same as before ?

Thanksfor any help

Highlighted

Hi Juliande

Your line is showing in sync at 61.4mb.

Have you tried running the speed test on a different device?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, Thanks for the reply, yes getting same speed result on all devices, using a laptop, plugged in to router direct (lan cable) adding screenshots of results, the 2nd shot shows results of when i had the superfast boost before, the download is still the same as the 40Mbps, in fact slightly slower.

Tried router of for a few hours too.

Thanks

result 2.jpg

result 1.jpg

Hi Juliande

Do you have a different router that you can connect to the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Yep put the older router in and it synced at higher speed, put superhub back in & it synced at the higher speed  too.

Many thanks for everyones help

Highlighted

Hi Juliande

That's great. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie 🙂

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi again,

Just wondering if the connection could maybe be tweeked a bit to get a little more speed, im getting a respectable & 60Mbps but did get nearly 70 last time, i have a pretty stable line, the recent drops are just me switching the router on & off to try to lock onto the higher speed.

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi Juliande,

I can see that your current sync speed 61.5Mbps. I'm sorry but we have no direct control over your connection speed but if your connection remains stable with a low error count it's possible that DLM could move you to a profile that will give a slightly faster speed

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi

May i ask for a reset or re-profile to reset the DLM as im sure i can get a faster speed as i did the previous times i had the boost.

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi

We are unable to reset DLM for fibre lines.

DLM will react to errors and the stability of your line and choose a speed that will provide the best connection.

You can power off the router for 30 minutes to start a new active session, then leave the router on at all ties to see if DLM will raise the profile however as the current speed is within expected values we cannot guarantee this will happen.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi join the club trying to get faster fibre from last Aug to speed 42 paying £25+
R Tuckwood