Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Superfast fibre not available

6 REPLIES 6
Jonna85
Popular Poster

I have recently contacted TT to enquire about upgrading my faster fibre to superfast fibre, they advised me that superfast fibre is not available on my line? In the past it has been offered to me but I declined to take it up then. What's changed? Is there likely to be an issue with my line? I would have thought if I can get the 38Mb fibre I should also be able to get the 68Mb fibre. I do get a good speed on 38Mb (normally test around 35-37).

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Jonna your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day. There is an answer, but it is in my mind so frustrating that you will want to hear it "officially"

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
Community Team

Hi @Jonna85

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Jonna85
Popular Poster
This sounds interesting 🙂
Community Team

Hi @Jonna85

I've looked at your line and the speed boost is no longer applicable for your line.

This is because the line cannot support any speed above 40mbps so we took a business decision to withdraw the option as there would be no benefit to you for the extra cost. 

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

Jonna85
Popular Poster
Thanks Arne,

Is this due to my area being unable to support above 40mbps or because my own line has this limitation?

Would the quality of the line inside my property be affecting it? We do have a number of old extensions in the house, I am plugged into the master but it looks like this has been converted into a master from an old extension socket.

Community Team

Hi Jonna85

Its based on the average throughput speeds for the area. 

Your physical line will have an effect on the overall download sync speed, As long as you are connected to the master socket then extra extensions wont have an effect as long as they are filtered.