Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Swan wireless wired spot light camera won’t pair

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
First Timer

I bought one if these WiFi camera wired I fitted it for my back gardern. Bought a WiFi extender so I have full strength WiFi in my back gardern. 
model number  of the swan camera is SWWHD-FLOCAMW

The talktalk router I am using is 

Software Version

FAST5364 3.00
SG4K10002808t

I have turned off the 5gz and got  all devices on the 2.4Gzh to eliminate that problem 

I have even tried changing the channels on the wpa someone on here said try changing from wp2 even tried changing the channels it just won’t pair to the device 

you run the swan safe app and when I try to pair I get  fail to load network anyone help plz big thanks 

55AE6E68-3FCB-4B5F-B2F1-54ADF1B8B900.png

Highlighted
Community Star

Does the camera connect to the WiFi OK?

Just to be sure, are you trying to access the camera from the internet then?

You say the camera is both wired or wireless, but only supports the 2.4GHz band. Having the 5GHz enabled on the extender or router will not interfere with it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Yes the WiFi finds the swan camera and then you are asked to connect to the device and then go back to the app to pair but I just get error message 

Highlighted
First Timer

The camera is wireless the power is wired

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @Pgtips1975  you say the camera is detecting the WIFI but not connecting, so are you sure you are trying to connect to the correct WiFi, ie yours and not your neighbours, and that you are entering your password correctly.  Also is the Swan WiFi security settings the same as the routers.

Also have you tried looking a the Swan support site?

Highlighted
Community Star

Does the camera initially send out its own network id for the app to connect to. If it is this that the problem, then speak to Swann.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

What’s happens when you go to pair the device the camera blinks blue and then it asks you to connect to the swan connection on the WiFi then you go back to the app and it should display your WiFi connections and then you connect and should pair but I get no devices just this error message my thoughts are camera faulty 33EBC747-7ABF-4042-A03C-698F157E73A8.png

Highlighted
Insightful One

If the installation process is basically the same as shown in this video and the correct network is shown on the phone and the correct password entered then I would tend to agree it looks as if it could be a problem with the camera.  The other slight possibility, particularly if you've changed the SSID/Password, is that one or other contains a character (eg _ or - or a space) which the camera WiFi does not process properly.