Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Switched to Faster Fibre.

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

All done, retried the speed test, a slight improvement over the fastest result I had yesterday, now

23.9 mbs download and 7.0 mbs upload.

Dave

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Oops, fat fingers, it should be 22.9 mbs not 23.9.

Dave

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dave,

Thanks for trying this. I've re-run the line test and it has detected a potential line fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore over the next 48hrs then please can you request an update on your thread here and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the update and thank you all to everybody who has helped in trying to get to the reason behind the slow speeds.

I'll await to see if anything happens over the next couple of days and if not as you suggest, I'll let you know.

Thanks once again all.

Dave

Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi Dave

I've checked for an update on this fault and this is still under investigation with the line engineer.

We can check for further updates again tomorrow.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the update.

Dave

Highlighted
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

i think something must be happening, the access to the Internet has suddenly become very slow. I've just run a speed test and I'm now only getting the following:-

15.0 mbs upload and 6.9 mbs download.

Thanks.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update, yes it's possible that Openreach are currently investigating and running tests

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Chris,

Could be, It's suddenly picked up again, now 20.3 and 7.0.

Thanks.

Dave

Highlighted

OK thanks, hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I don't know if any work was carried out yesterday, but I retried the speed test last evening about 7:00 pm and got the following results.

12.9 mbs download and 7.0 mbs upload

Retrying a few minutes later, the results were even worse.

7.1 mbs download and 7.0 upload.

This morning I retested at 09:50 am and got the following.

19.4 mbs download and 7.0 mbs upload.

Overall I can't see any improvement in the system as to what it was before the upgrade to fibre.

Regards.

Dave 

Highlighted

Hi Dave

Openreach have updated the fault ticket to advise that the line engineer has been assigned to this fault again this morning. This fault is still under investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the latest update, I thought something might be happening again, I just lost the connection a few minutes ago.

Regards.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

Hopefully this will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

The engineer has just finished, says the fault was in the circuit.

I've just rerun a speed test after the Broadband was off for a while and the latest readings were taken at 12:20 pm.

20.4 mbs download and 6.8 mbs upload.

Whether or not this will increase I'm not sure, the TalkTalk login to my account took ages to process and connect to be able to access this page. I'll see what happens over the weekend and if necessary be back on Monday.

Regards.

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

Thanks for keeping us updated. If the engineer has repaired the fault then DLM should start to change the profile/increase the speed.

Please can you leave the router switched on and post back on this thread on Monday, we can then check the connection stats again.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Thanks, will do.

Dave

Highlighted