Did you mean: 
Need help?

Switching landlines help

ANSWERED
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi,

I finally took the plunge and upgraded from TalkTalk Broadband to Faster Fibre. Since I haven't upgraded since 2005, I didn't know that I would be switching to TalkTalk for my landline provider and that my BT landline contract would be terminated. I did a live chat with TalkTalk who said they don't offer broadband-only packages anymore and that I wouldn't be able to keep my BT landline. I hope you can answer a few questions:

Will I keep my BT phone number?

Do all Fibre providers require that you switch to their landline?

Could I have chosen a different ISP that would have let me keep my BT landline? (aside from BT of course!)

Does anyone know if TalkTalk is more expensive for calls?

I'm obviously knew to Fibre upgrades and didn't know this would be an issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dianne

Highlighted
Wise Owl
Solution

I can only answer in part I'm afraid.

Calls to TT numbers should be free and you can add unlimited calls to UK phone numbers for £6 a month at the moment (they'll be some exclusions on the numbers though).

Highlighted
Conversation Starter
Hey,
Thanks for your reply! I did some more chats with tech support and customer services and they ensured I will keep the BT number and told me about the unlimited calls boost. So it all seems fine.
Have a great day!
Kind Regards,
Dianne
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi crusoe89

Just to confirm Once you place the order we will take over the number so you will keep it

Most companies provide package only deals

As FritzCT has said If you add the calls boost (currently £6 per month) calls to mobile and landlines are free for upto 60 minutes per call. 

Hope that helps

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

@ 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! It's great to have reassurance I will keep my landline number. I was completely out of the loop about packages requiring you to switch landlines - I haven't upgraded since 2005! And I will indeed add the unlimited calls boost to my account.

Thanks so much for your input.

Kind Regards,

Dianne

Highlighted