Did you mean: 
Need help?

Sync Speeds dropped again

ANSWERED
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant

Good Evening,

Just before 9pm my routers status light was orange and then 5 minutes later went back to normal and the connection recovered.

I have logged into my router and can see the sync speeds have dropped from 40/10 to 31/10 since this happened.

Please can you run an NGA service test and publish the results for me?

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dave,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped and the connection also looks unstable. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks @OCE_Michelle 

I have no alternative router or landlines.

Are you able to see if the line profile has since changed due to the stability reducing the speed?

If not I'll look into getting an alternative router.

Thanks 

Dave 

Highlighted

Hi Dave,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

No that's fine thanks, I've sorted my own out.

I'll come back here and update on results of new router once it arrives.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

If you could please send me a message with the PPP username and password that would be great.

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks @OCE_Michelle 

Did you see the reply just above

"

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

If you could please send me a message with the PPP username and password that would be great.

Thanks

Dave"

Highlighted

Hi Dave, your details will be on the back of the router. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Hi @OCE_Ady 

Im referring to the username and password to setup the PPPoE connection on a new router.

I know these details aren't usually required as authentication is done on the network but my new router wont allow me to create a new connection profile without inputting these details.

So the username would probably be my assigned phone number @talktalk.net so what would the password be?

Cheers

Dave

Highlighted
Solution

Hi Dave, beg your pardon didn't realise you were using a non TT router.  Stick your landline number before @ and 123456 as the password.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Participant

Thanks @OCE_Ady 

The connection is now online and working at full speeds.

Cheers

Dave

Highlighted

Hi Dave

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie